What day am I on? Help please for someone new to hatching.

Becks Chicks

Songster
Jun 3, 2022
Southwest WA
I have a Nurture 360. Picked up the eggs at 11am on Thursday. I unpacked them and left them on the counter. Then I set them in the incubator on Friday at 11am. I apparently didn’t set the timer properly and when I checked it on Sunday it said day 0. Ugh. So the eggs didn't get turned on Saturday :( Since it counts down rather than up, am I day 18 today (Monday)?

Even if the eggs aren't turned, incubation does not stop. If the eggs are still alive, they are still the age of however many days they have been in an incubator turned on

Even if the eggs aren't turned, incubation does not stop. If the eggs are still alive, they are still the age of however many days they have been in an incubator turned on
TY. That much I understand.

I've read that you don't officially count the day that they are set. But with the Nurture 360, it does count it, right? If set on Friday, counting backwards, does that make today day 18?

My Brinsea incubator counts down too and I find it very confusing because counting up I'd start at 0, but counting down I'm never sure if 0 counts as a day or not.
It stops turning on day 2 and on day 1 some/most eggs have piped.

Anyway, because of that, I just started writing it down for each day and re-set the timer that way if needed XD
Friday:21, Sat after 11am: 20, Sun: 19
So yes, Monday should be 18 assuming it's also past 11am where you are, if it's still before 11am you'd still be on day 19.

Maybe the Nurture 360 works slightly differently? I'm fairly new to hatching and by no means an expert, but I hope that helps!

My Brinsea incubator counts down too and I find it very confusing because counting up I'd start at 0, but counting down I'm never sure if 0 counts as a day or not.
It stops turning on day 2 and on day 1 some/most eggs have piped.

Anyway, because of that, I just started writing it down for each day and re-set the timer that way if needed XD
Friday:21, Sat after 11am: 20, Sun: 19
So yes, Monday should be 18 assuming it's also past 11am where you are, if it's still before 11am you'd still be on day 19.

Maybe the Nurture 360 works slightly differently? I'm fairly new to hatching and by no means an expert, but I hope that helps!

Many thanks. That's what I needed to know.

Back
Top Bottom