What day and what to do now?

kellim

Songster
11 Years
Jun 19, 2008
SC, GA Border
I posted a few days ago about eggs that I had to take from our broody hen. She got spooked by a opossum and would go back to them. We have them in our incubator but of all the things in the world to happen, we don't know what day we are on!
he.gif
When we took them we figured there was only a day or two left but we were WRONG!!!
barnie.gif
We have 2 eggs that the possum didn't get and to make the story even crazier the eggs were from 2 different hens laid at 2 different times!!! They look to be about a week apart!!! I have strange chickens. I candled the eggs last night and we have BIG Beautiful Veins and lots of baby chick in both eggs with lots of movement.
th.gif
I have never incubated eggs so we are new at that part, though not new to chickens at all. Our friend at the local feed and seed store has answered some questions, he has been a huge help, though since I am not sure what day we are on, how in creation do I know when to increase humidity and do the preparations for hatching? I have the eggs in the incubator, on their side in believe it or not, a deviled egg serving dish to keep them from rolling into each other.
fl.gif
HELP!

Did you make notes on the eggs when U candled are they numbered if not that is what I would do. When U did candle was there a great difference in the development of the eggs? You will have to know? At last resort you can just leave them like they are and turn them all everyday until they all hatch and when they start to pip raise the humidity.
old.gif

Its going to be a guessing game looks like. Just keep the humidity around 45-50% then U will have to raise it when they start piping then after they hatch and dry off some take them out and get them under a lamp of around 95* and drop the humidity back down in the bator for the other eggs. Then you will have to start again, until the second bunch starts piping. Two different hatches are hard to do in one incubator but you can. The unknown dates of the eggs is whats going to make it hard. Best of luck!
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom