What day does McMurray ship on for "week of 3/9" orders?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Eric in NC, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Eric in NC

Eric in NC Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2008
    Is that on Saturday 3/7 or 3/14 or when? Can you tell I have chicks comming "week of 3/9"?

2. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    I called McMurray to see what day they ship on and it is a Saturday. They said delivery takes 3 days. I don't understand shipping on Saturdays at all, Ideal ships on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and gets chicks to me in ONE day.

3. Eric in NC

Eric in NC Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2008
    Yeah - I know they ship on Saturday - was wondering which one "week of 3/9" meant. (3/7 or 3/14).

4. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    they shipped yesterday, I'm waiting too, you should get them today or tomorrow

5. ilovechickens

ilovechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    West Central Wisconsin
    My chicks were due week of 3/9 and I got a call from my post office yesterday, so they came on 3/7 I was expecting a call on Saturday night to let me know that they were there and ready for pick up on Sunday, so I guess it is different depending on where you live, I live in West Central Wisconsin:th

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    you must be close, I'm by lake winnabago, Mine haven't arrived yet, I hope there not DOA again, this the 3rd time

7. MSHEN

MSHEN Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Monticello,MS
    Also have an order fo3/9. My first order from MM. Ya'll got me worried!! 3 days is a long time for baby chics in transit. Too much time for anythig to happen!! [​IMG]

8. schmije

schmije Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    I too am awaiting a 3/9 order from McMurray. We called them yesterday, because we were confused as to when to expect them. They said they shipped out yesterday (Sat.). We've been anxiously awaiting a call from the PO ever since. Hopefully they'll wake me up bright and early tomorrow.

9. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    everytime we've ordered from mm the chicks arrived at the post office sunday morning and the post office called us to come get them, the mail system has people working on off hours all the time

10. Buck Creek Chickens

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    The PO i use said its open 24 hours, but its the hub of this area

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by