what days do you all candle on?

hnbubz

Songster
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
i candled on day seven, and im not sure when i should candle again. today is day 9, should i wait untill day 10 or 11?

ah, i guess ill just have to be paitient and wait for 14
sad.png

i hate waiting!
barnie.gif

yea, im so worried about tempature spikes, my incubator is at school so i can only check at certain times.

is that any way to proactively protect agianst such spikes?

Is the question when do I candle? Or when am I supposed to?

Every hatch I go into it with the best intentions, to only candle on day 7, 14, and just before lockdown. But, every hatch I have this crazy irresistible urge to watch little developing chicks bop around in the eggs. So, after day 6 I candle an egg every day (or every other day if I have massive self control). But, I only candle ALL of the eggs on days 7, 14 and 18, does that count?? And never ever after lockdown.
lol.png
I admit it, I have a problem....

Quote:
What kind of bator is it? What is the range of spikes? A degree or so here and there is no big deal, but it shouldn't be going too much out of that range. If it's big spikes, it could have a wonky thermostat.

I candle on either day 3 or 4 (most the time on day 4 because sometimes there is that one that is a little slower) then around day 14 just to make sure they are still developing and that I have no quitters. So only twice. I guess I have learned to be patient.
hide.gif
pop.gif

I usually like to candle on the 10th day because then I am certain I will see whats going on. Well, barring dark or very thick shelled eggs.
hmm.png
I candle again later, the 16th or 17th.
Like I said, my first hatch of this year I candled more than I ever have!! Now going back to same old, same old.
smile.png

Quote:
What kind of bator is it? What is the range of spikes? A degree or so here and there is no big deal, but it shouldn't be going too much out of that range. If it's big spikes, it could have a wonky thermostat.

its a hovabator, im worried about spikes at day 18. it doesn't spike now, i have a range of 98-100.5 and its has a fan and an auto turner

Back
Top Bottom