What did she lay? (pics)

Schrebergaertner

Songster
11 Years
Dec 13, 2010
Yesterday I found this in one of the nestboxes among a few other eggs. I've never seen anything like it. It's the color and texture of eggshell, but it's pliable and rubbery. I cut into it thinking I might see yolk and white, but it was definitely not egg material inside. It looked like folds of thin-sliced turkey lunch meat. It smelled sort of stinky inside, but not rancid or like chicken poop. The outside didn't really have any smell at all. Is it possible a piece of her insides got into her egg tract somehow and got covered in shell material? I don't know which girl laid it (or pooped it?). Anyone ever seen anything like this? I don't know if there have already been BYC discussions of this sort of thing, since I"m not even sure what I'd search for. Thanks!

I don't know what it is, I just have to say "EEEEW"
ep.gif

Search for "lash" and you will find threads on it. It's hard to search for something when you don't know what to call it, but that's what it looks like to me. I do know there is info on it here on this forum.

Looks like "lash" is likely what it was. Found some more helpful info on it. Still don't know which girl laid it, but I"ll keep a close watch for any symptoms of feeling bad.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom