What did you buy at the OHIO NATIONAL this weekend???

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
we got a little black duck, I'm so excited, it's our first one! (My husband's not as excited..but..) I want to get him some friends, we haven't done that yet.

A new IB peahen! Yay!

And three light brown leghorn pullets! (we desparately needed those..)

LOTS of stuff for sale this year! and decent prices, too....

It's not too late yet everybody, I still have a few Call ducks left for tomorrow...;) Drop on by and call me on the cell!

Got a couple of nice buys myself, some exciting new prospects for the breeding pens next year.

I attempted to drive down from MI and got stuck in a major taffic jam so didn't make it down to pick up anything on our wish list
he.gif
. Is there a list of attending breeders/sale stock? I am beginning to panic that I won't be able to fill the tall request of my eight year old daughter for a pair of Silver Sebrights....I am looking for a pair of MF or Motttled black D'Uccles for our first breeding attempt at bantams/show quality poultry
fl.gif

I got a very nice blue fawn pied pullet to add to my breeding program, an F1 (first generation gray crossed to gray pied, to be bred back to pied to add genetics and type to the line) drakelet and a super nice gray male. Have made some headway with my grays this year and am excited about this and another new drakelet I acquired this year. Some very nice Call bloodlines to work with and very excited to add to my pied program!

Sold out on all Calls for this year except for the possibility of having one more gray young pair available from this year. Not sure on these yet, but any interested parties can PM for details.

I attempted to drive down from MI and got stuck in a major taffic jam so didn't make it down to pick up anything on our wish list
he.gif
. Is there a list of attending breeders/sale stock? I am beginning to panic that I won't be able to fill the tall request of my eight year old daughter for a pair of Silver Sebrights....I am looking for a pair of MF or Motttled black D'Uccles for our first breeding attempt at bantams/show quality poultry
fl.gif
I think there may be a breeder list on their website. Not sure though. I've never seen a list of stock.

There were so many breeders there I don't know that it would be possible. I haven't looked at the list, but not all breeders who bought sale pens used theirs and so they either let other people use them or they were just used when people saw an open spot. The sales area was HUGE and just scads of birds and people. The only difference I noted was, at least you could get through this time...last year the traffic jam was in the sales aisles! But I did hear that the sales area did very well for the sellers indeed...a lot of people were expecting sales to be down but I heard that most people were pretty satisfied with how things went. I know I sold out of everything I brought.

From everything we heard the sellers were pleased with the results. That is a good sign!
Let's hope that everyone is pleased with their purchases as well and that the offspring makes it back to The OHIO NATIONAL in the future.

From what we saw the general quality of the birds offered for sale in Trader's Row was as good as it has been in the past few years.
Good Luck to you all!

Thank you, I can't stay away from there, it's like going to a huge candy store! So far all of our birds are doing well. Good luck to everyone, see you next year. :)
We still have chickens we bought there as pullets and cockerels five years ago. :)

Well I had a great time. For the first time showing if was exciting my Belgium d'Uccle Mille Fleur took Best Variety and Best of Breed Champion. Very exciting for me. My Black Mottled cockerel and Black Mottled pullet took Best and Reserved Variety ( only two in there, hoping more get out there) All of you out there not showing because you don't know what to do. You should just try it. One you meet a ton of very nice and knowledgeable folks, it is a blast, and did I say you meet a lot of nice folks. I tried and won Best of Breed. I also bought 2 new Mille's and a Golden Neck cockerel and a splash colored girl that should throw golden necks. Meet a few Byc'ers and it was great talking to them and meeting them.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom