What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning gardeners. I managed to get my front yard mowed yesterday. Hoping to get some of the trimming done today. I picked another 3 pounds of tomatoes this morning. I have a few green beans that are nearly ready to pick. Finally. One of my poblano plants has finally woke up and is developing quite a few peppers. I plan to do my first batch of tomato sauce tomorrow. I have a question for the flower experts out there: I have a healthy looking hydrangea in my front yard that gets some sun from the south but mostly from the west. This is the second season I've lived here and this shrub has never bloomed. I don't get it? Any ideas? The soil is somewhat acid as it supports a nice azalea and rose bush that bloom nicely. I'll leave you with that. Have a great day everyone and happy canning!

I used the soft top leaves for the pesto
can you tell the boy in this group I can
005.jpg

I got all the grass cut today!! I was going to cut down some more invasive honeysuckle but the chainsaw wasn't cutting very well. My hubby just put on a new chain. Is it possible to put it on backwards? :idunno Then I decided I would switch to the loping/branches choppers. But they broke on me again. :he The bolt keeps popping out. My hubby fixed it the other day, but I think he needs to put a washer or something else on it to keep it from popping through again. So I ended up just piling the brush/branches up in a pile.
Yesterday we had a guy come out and give us an estimate to take down 4 very large trees ( 1 cedar, 2 oaks, & 1 sweet maple). I'll burn all the brush after he cuts down the trees ( either in September or October). Also tried to trim, back some of the Rose of Sharon trees, but that is when the branch trimmer broke.
I did go pick Honey Crisp apples and a few more peaches this morning. So I have more canning to do. :lau

Good morning gardeners. I agree @Sueby, this cooler weather is such a treat. I'm starting to get caught up on the yard work. Yesterday I tackled the slope "I avoid as long as possible." It's about a 50 degree slope that ends in a 4 foot drop from the retaining wall. I'll try to do some clean up work in the garden today. Busy morning already. Picked another 3 - 4 pounds of tomatoes and a few of the very first green beans. I also noticed a couple of cucumbers that should be ready in another day or two. I made a batch of sourdough waffles so I'll have them for the next 8 weeks. If you haven't tried sourdough waffles @penny1960 you can download the recipe from the kingartherflour.com website. I am working on my first batch of tomato sauce today. I'm curious to see how many jars I get out of this batch. Good luck with your yard work @karenerwin. Have a great day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom