What did you do in the garden today?

Thank you gang for your collective voice of reason re; the monster stray dogs. I'll give KHS a call and see what they can do... usually nothing, but it will be my starting point. Guess I was just so hopping mad I was not thinking straight. My DH must have been pretty upset too because he willingly went to go look at roosters today and picked out the one he liked and said I could bring him home. :eek: Just like that. He even named him. Well, it was what I was hoping for but I am still in a bit of shock. I was so unprepared to bring him home I had to carry him on my lap the 75 minutes it took to get home. He was a perfect gentleman, did not poop on me and seems to love my girls. He made all kinds of happy noises, was scratching and showing food to them through the wire of course. Most exciting!!!
20200127_170848.jpg
20200127_172634.jpg

We veered of onto the coffee fields and I snapped a few photos for you all. Not very good photos, sorry.
20200127_103126.jpg
20200127_103109.jpg

Bowl of Starfruit for fun.
20200127_085158.jpg

Thank you gang for your collective voice of reason re; the monster stray dogs. I'll give KHS a call and see what they can do... usually nothing, but it will be my starting point. Guess I was just so hopping mad I was not thinking straight. My DH must have been pretty upset too because he willingly went to go look at roosters today and picked out the one he liked and said I could bring him home. :eek: Just like that. He even named him. Well, it was what I was hoping for but I am still in a bit of shock. I was so unprepared to bring him home I had to carry him on my lap the 75 minutes it took to get home. He was a perfect gentleman, did not poop on me and seems to love my girls. He made all kinds of happy noises, was scratching and showing food to them through the wire of course. Most exciting!!!View attachment 2012911View attachment 2012912

We veered of onto the coffee fields and I snapped a few photos for you all. Not very good photos, sorry.View attachment 2012910View attachment 2012909
Bowl of Starfruit for fun.View attachment 2012906
What a handsome boy! What's his name?

Thanks Karen! I read about dividing too so I'll keep that in mind. We'll see if I even get any to grow, the package says full sun but usually here that means "some shade."
The only other thing I can think to tell you is that when you do go to harvest your asparagus make sure you cut the stalk BELOW GROUND!
This lets it reform and come back up. My neighbor when I was a kid always cut his above ground and then that stalk just dried up.
I just slide a knife just below the ground surface and cut at an angle.

The only other thing I can think to tell you is that when you do go to harvest your asparagus make sure you cut the stalk BELOW GROUND!
This lets it reform and come back up. My neighbor when I was a kid always cut his above ground and then that stalk just dried up.
I just slide a knife just below the ground surface and cut at an angle.
Thank you for mentioning it, I probably would've screwed that up! Do you fertilize them regularly during the growing season?

Back
Top Bottom