What did you do in the garden today?

What are sewing for at this time just cur4ious I am trying to motivate myself to start a quilt

I ordered a Puzzle Mystery quilt. Each month they send the pieces for me to sew together and directions. At the end of the year, I have a quilt top.

So 3 hours to make 14 freezer dinners, and 20 bacon egg and cheese, or sausage egg and cheese muffins for the freezer.
Will you share your recipe for the sausage egg and cheese muffins??!!

@Nelson-Collier what did you do to make a fish tank green house? That sounds interesting and doable!

My Mom just got out of the hospital this ev:lauening. She is so weak that she can't stand by herself. She also can't get her feet or legs to do what she wants them to. 😞
They moved her by ambulance to a skilled nursing facility that is on the same campus as her assisted living apartment. She has a long hard journey a head of her.
I don't remember what my last update was, so forgive me if I repeat myself.
She ended up having a blood infection that started with an infection in the knee that she had surgery on. The infection attacked her quadricep which ended up ripping, tearing and pulling away from the bone. She also ruptured her knee capsule when she fell. They surgically cleaned out the infection in her knee and packed her knee with antibiotic pellets ( they will last 3 months). She has been on IV antibiotics and went to the skilled nursing center with a pic line. She has to continue the IV antibiotics for 6 weeks! I think I told you that the infection had NOT gotten to her heart values.
She has to wear a leg immobilizer for 6 weeks ( no bending her leg). This is to let the quadricep time to fully heal ( and the knee capsule too, I think). She has become so weak that this is her greatest opponent I think.
Hopefully she will be able to make progress and regain the ability to walk, take care of her own toileting needs and be able to transfer from walker ( or wheelchair) to bed or chair or couch. These are all the things she has to be able to do to be able to return to her assisted living apartment.

The weekend weather was really nice but today ( and I think the rest of the week) was rainy and cool ( but not cold!).
My personalized planting reminder told me that I can start ( for the next 2 weeks) lettuce, onions, peas, pepper, tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli and asparagus in doors now, but nothing outdoors yet.
But I haven't had time to start anything. Heck, I haven't even brought the seed starting soil in from the trunk of the car!
:lau

I ordered a Puzzle Mystery quilt. Each month they send the pieces for me to sew together and directions. At the end of the year, I have a quilt top.

Will you share your recipe for the sausage egg and cheese muffins??!!
I split all my english muffins and toast them under the broiler on a cookie sheet. I bake a cake pan full of scrambled eggs and when they're cool, slice them into squares and slap 'em on a muffin, and add cheese, cooked bacon or sausage. Wrap in plastic and freeze.

I also make some in little muffin tins. I smash some croissant dough from a tube in the well, add bacon or sausage, some scrambled egg, top with cheese and bake at 350 until the egg is cooked.

I've also done pancake batter, toss in some bacon or sausage and bake in the muffin tins until cooked. THOSE are so yummy.

Rainy since last evening. Will be off/on rainy for a few days, and cloudy overall. We got one pass with the tiller on the large bed, but it needs a few more passes and the amendments added in. Once that’s five, I think some peas can be sown for green manure. Hopefully they will grow well and can be turned under in time for a late spring plantings of summer plants.

Here’s some garden inspired crafting:

a garden gnome quilt! There are 18 gnomes and they are each 23” tall. Here are two of the gnomes (of the 18), and spouse and I picked out the respective color combos- all gnomes have different fabrics. There are 100 individual pieces between a pair, so 900 pieces just in the gnome blocks (there are more pieces for the additional background to fill out the top). It is almost completed. It’s been a cheerful/fun project for the winter.
4FC2AA13-B34A-46C7-BFC3-28EAAFBE9C2B.jpeg

D46AACC7-D6E9-45B4-BB60-534A5826FEE6.jpeg

this is the pattern, but we selected our own fabric
93796E29-91E7-45E4-9C7B-4864FEE21B4E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom