What did you do in the garden today?

Oh man, I love tomato with balsamic! How do you do the glaze? Is this a cold dish?
They’re so good!! And I’m not really sure. I think my dad just buys some but idk. Sometimes we just put regular balsamic vinegar on it too. Right now we have this stuff but I haven’t tried it yet. And yes cold. :)

F9F17E68-64A8-48A9-8F97-35089E693A05.jpeg

I really like the sweet 100. I've chopped with fresh garlic, basil and balsamic/olive oil. So good! For fresh eating I like them but I've never tried the Brandywine and now I'm tempted.

Brandywine have good flavor. However, in my experience prone to splitting and “cat-face”. You are in a drier area so splitting may not be an issue for you. But very large tomatoes usually, yummy for fresh eating.

They’re so good!! And I’m not really sure. I think my dad just buys some but idk. Sometimes we just put regular balsamic vinegar on it too. Right now we have this stuff but I haven’t tried it yet. And yes cold. :)

View attachment 2109720
Ok thanks! I'm adding the Brandywine to my wish list for next year.

Ok thanks! I'm adding the Brandywine to my wish list for next year.
You definitely should!!! :)

Or you may be able to find starts or brandywine mix starts. Last year I got brandywine and a brandywine mix from a local store and they were both good. Can’t remember what the mix was though.

Wow. Everyone was busy today.
I spent the morning sewing before a lunch break. Then we spent 3 hours mucking out the barn and corral. UGH. Not my favorite job at all. So much hay and deep underneath it's always moldy.
Then took care of the orchard, and then back to sewing.
Now it's almost 9 and I'm making my supper.

Delivering eggs tomorrow.
Hope we get rain tonight again.
I checked and watered seeds in the shed on Friday. Today the Cshaw melons were up so high they had pushed the clear dome up an inch! ACK!

Glad I bought tomato plants as only about 30 % of the seeds I bought are even up. They're on a heat mat too. We'll see.

Peonies and day lilies are still doing great.
Have a great night all.

We love the sweet 100 and the black cherry tomatoes, and yeah they really produce but we split them and dry them. Those dried tomatoes are awesome added to meatloaf, spaghetti, any cold pasta salad (rehydrated), and more things I'm forgetting about.

Loaded and unloaded 15 1.5 cu ft bags of potting soil, enough for the last (please lord) raised bed (for red clover fodder) and the tomato, pepper, and basil pots.

Brave Natasha.jpg

This is our brave Natasha, a SS risking life n limb trying out the big bird roost in the coop. The last of 8 eggs hatched so we now have 8 SFH, we had totally given up on this last egg so we'll see how this little one does. She was up and following the other chicks and trying to learn the ropes so if she's active tomorrow I'll let myself get attached.

And lunch was a salad with our home grown lettuce and beet greens!

I''m thinking I'll see if I can't get some Black Krim and Cherokee's going in the fall. I still have seeds from a few years back. Has anyone tasted either of these tomato varieties? We moved after sowing them when we bought this place so never harvested.
I tried both last year and just Black Krim the year before and they were good. :)

Back
Top Bottom