What did you do in the garden today?

So I was sorting clean laundry on the bed and looked out over the orchard and saw a calf and thought, "wow that's a large calf"
He was large because he was CLOSE. He was IN the orchard! NO CATTLE in the orchard. So out I went to chase down a calf.
OH My it is soupy out there. No mowing for at LEAST two more days.
After I got the little beast back in the pasture, I walked the garden and yanked some weeds trying to take hold in the mulch. The came up really easy. Every 12 inch deep hole I dug last week was either full of mud or water. So The spring is running and the hole will need re-dug.

I've made the tomato food.
Registered online for the local buy fresh buy local. So we'll see. We aren't a big farm/ranch and I noted on our membership that all availability is subject to the whims of mother nature. But it will be a fill for the lack of Farmer's Markets this year.

Those are cute! Honestly, my flock never touched marigolds. They love grass so I plant that but they get herbs and anything I toss from the garden. Except tomato or potato greens.
I heard potatoes and tomatoes are poisonous recently, I’ve never fed my chickens potatoes or their greens but they’ve had tomato before. Sometimes the whole plant or leftover food with tomato in it and they like it. :oops:

Going back to the okra bashing. I just cant even imagine waking up at 3 AM starving and thinking "OH yeah I'll just reheat that fried okra in the fridge" has never happened in my life.

At that point I'll be thinking ramen, rotell and canned chicken or anything else or maybe just the saltines.
I pick it out of my gumbo 😂

It happened!!! Got the call to come pick up early this morning. 27 out of 30
20200527_080639.jpg
20200527_081033.jpg

Home
20200527_103331.jpg
20200527_103440.jpg
20200527_103445.jpg
20200527_103938.jpg

The farmer breeder made his own mask by his hand. What a cool guy. :lol:
20200527_080319.jpg 20200527_080321.jpg

Awwwwww fluffy butts! They drinking beer? Beercan chicken?

That's a creepy plague mask!
Yes, I thought i would get them hooked on beer early, a nice lager. Life is hard... drink beer chickens. Or... it could be vitamins... :p
Yes, mask is a little creepy but mostly fun. He is just one those can do kind of guys. Great personality and smart as can be.
In love with the fluffy butts. Gunna be heartbreaking to sell.

I have trouble letting mine go too.

I've had one guy kill every one I sold him by loading his coop with straw and using a heat lamp, he burned the whole coop down.

One guy left em in a stock tank in his barn where the barn cats got to all of them.

One woman got tired of her flock and just let them out to fend for themselves. OC they all vanished.

Just UGH. People think chickens are disposable. The number of chickens that are going to end up in the shelter, yes- our's takes farm animals, from panic buyers is going to be staggering.

Back
Top Bottom