What did you do in the garden today?

Afternoon all, well for most of you anyway. I ended up at walmart and the soil was cheaper there so I bought a few bags. One to refill the kiddie pool for chicken grass and fill a couple window boxes so I can grow grass for Walt. I finally picked up some grass seed as well. Went into the garden and put a serious dent in the groundcover, it was choking the heather and thyme. Found where the ants went, little :rantPulled the nasturtiums and looked for loofah seeds but couldn't find any, guess they could be in the freezer. The rest of the dirt went in the garden so at least it's on the way.

Did outside all the grass that had grown around and through the honeysuckle and roses on the outside of the chicken yard took the Son"s new battery opearted weedeater in the chicken
yard went till the battery died but was impressed I am only 5 ft 125-130 lbs and it was fine
took it to the outer fence where a tree in there
Yeah I like the battery ones. I use the Greenworks Pro 80v system, for my chainsaw, lawnmower and attachment capable weedeater. It can use the other majors attachments. Batteries are good for 30 minutes of mowing and recharge in under 30 minutes.

Today I am working on cutting down the rain forest that grew in my back yard over the last two weeks of drought busting rain. Trust me I was so happy to see the rain, but its affect on the grass is startling some of it has grown to 4 foot high. I phoned a friend with a power mower to help out tomorrow as I'm only doing basic paths to all the water points, coops and compost bins plus the street visible parts today.

Jeez it is hot with no wind and oppressive humidity today. I've burned through 5 battery exchanges over the last 4 hours. I get about 15 minutes per battery with really high grass. I can't even walk on my deck barefoot as it too is scalding hot. I'm calling it quits until this evening when my front Silkie run will be in the shade. Also the grass in there isn't too high.
hot.jpg

Last edited:
Puppies are so darn cute
The people around here seem to think so. However, when their leases expire they leave their dogs behind. It was heartbreaking to see when we would take our dogs out to walk at the Arroyo Colorado probably 85+ percent of folks we met always had puppies. Needless to say DW and I moved here with 1 dog and 1 cat. Now we have 5 dogs and 2 cats the additions were all street rescues. Plus we have fully vetted about 10 more rescues to send em north away from these culturally backwards borderlands.

Back
Top Bottom