What did you do in the garden today?

Happy 4th all,
It is 88 and humid.
Spent time out front under the cool shade of our tree playing with the littles. They get a few hours out 3x per day now. They are blending well.
I only cleaned the poop boards, watered gardens, watched a movie and am now getting kabobs ready for the grill. I'm calling that good for today.
20200704_103231.jpg
20200704_103654.jpg
20200704_103456.jpg

So I guess Kauai is over social distancing.... and driving on the beach has been against the law for decades but it is never enforced, poor turtles. Not sure how it will effect us if they cut police funding lol beside $$ going into better programs that we could surely use. Here the popo are kind of worthless and full of excuses on why they can not serve and/or protect anyways. We are probably the remotest part of the island... I can only imagine what the other beaches look like. :hmm
Well, that is almost all the negativity i can muster... except the nitro bombs are going off already, I dosed the puppy as we are not going up Koke'e because of chickens and auntie was feeling bad so I'll stay close.
Ok. all... is it 2021 yet???? :sick
18763~2.jpeg

I'm with you, @TropicalBabies. I did my everyday morning work then walked to the local store and got the missing ingredients for pasta salad. Made the salad and took it easy. I took the ribs out of the freezer too late to cook them today so we'll have them tomorrow. Today was a nice day off. We kept the outside cats locked in the garage cuz everyone has fireworks here. Our dogs are fine since they're both deaf as posts.

Good morning gardeners. I hope you all had a nice holiday!

I painted cabinet doors for the kitchen and we went to my sons for bbq in the afternoon. I took along 5 pullets for my DIL so I'm down to 7 chickens now from 20 this time last month. It's nice and so much easier to deal with! I watered a few things that were looking thirsty at dusk and had to squish a few skeeters so I ordered some mosquito barrier. I can spray it on everything out there and not harm dogs or chickens so even the coops get a good dowsing both inside and out. My glads have grown the stalks and started flowers but they're not looking good. A few have leaves that are turning to toast and the flower stalks are limp and falling over. I'd say they need water but they don't. Maybe the soil is too wet? I dunno, will work on that tomorrow. Today I have 4 more cabinet doors to paint and the bunny pen needs some attention. She is a wild and crazy girl sometimes. She wouldn't speak to me for a couple of days after her trip to the vet. I gave her a banana last night though and today we're back to being friends. K, enjoy your day everyone. Stay healthy!

Good morning gardeners. Well I believe I know what the folks around here spent their stimulus money on: fireworks! Good grief. In addition to the daily evening fireworks for the past 30 days, last night the first were set off around 7:30 pm and intensified to more noise then the Battle of the Bulge and lasted until after midnight. Needless to say I got little sleep last night. I will most certainly be taking a nap today. I got the front yard mowed yesterday. It's still brown in a lot of spots and the drought tolerant weeds have taken over in places that once had grass. I caught the chipmunk munching on the cabbage so I shot some siracha sauce on the lower leaves. I picked some more peas this morning and tried to pollinate my little yellow squash. As I was leaving the garden I noticed a sweet honey bee attacking the male flower so hopefully he will visit the female as well. The zucchini is still looking good and the green beans on the bush beans are getting bigger. My nasturtiums are finally blooming. I'll take a picture later when they are more awake. Today is supposed to be hot and muggy. Well, the muggy is here already. The cabinet looks nice @WthrLady. Have a great day everyone.

So one of my inconsiderate neighbors used the end of his driveway to shoot large shells off instead of going deep behind his own property. One of his large multi tubes fell over and launched fireballs into the neighbors front yard across the street, into the next door neighbors front yard and into my hayfield. I was so pissed off. The shell skittered across the field and exploded into several other bursts. DH and I raced out with 5 gallon buckets swearing loudly hoping they'd hear. Get this, no apology, no stopping to see if they had done damage to anyone, nope. Even while we were within 150 feet looking for fire in hip high hay, they kept shooting more giant tubes. I kept envisioning another falling over while we were in the field sending fire bombs at us.

Air quality is so bad today that they say even healthy people will have problems. Ya. I'd believe it. If I mow hay today, it will be with one of the particulate masks today.

Another neighbor was exploding the giant shells just 50 yards from the other neighbors house. I kept waiting for the sirens for the 90 year old guy to have a heart attack.

Then the teens at the acreage across the road started up by chasing each other with roman candles.

I swear. When did common sense go out the window?

I mucked out the Australorps coop and put in fresh bedding..went for water for my garden then weeded my garden..let the Silkies out of theyre coop so
15939763330191038472360.jpg
1593976468296398310686.jpg
1593976555123280926465.jpg
15939766677801474448522.jpg
I could add clean bedding as they were just moved into it last week..had to put them back..bully Australorps keep picking on them..here are a couple pictures of my garden. I live in Northern Ontario Canada and my papa always said plant the garden after the 1st full moon in June. I did start alot of things in the house early this year but put them in my little green house to early and lost many to a frosty night and struggled with what survived. 😀 well I hope everyone is staying hydrated and in a shady place..I know Im heading inside its 33 degrees celcius here so Im waiting for dusk to water

Back
Top Bottom