What did you do in the garden today?

I keep the hand sanitizer in my purse. I heard that since it is flammable, not a good idea to keep it in your car. Also, I keep my main mask in my car - triple layer fabric, homemade. I have another in my purse that I bought at Walgreens as a back up. Maybe have a couple of extra masks in your car so they're there when your DH forgets his @karenerwin. Just a thought.

I keep the hand sanitizer in my purse. I heard that since it is flammable, not a good idea to keep it in your car. Also, I keep my main mask in my car - triple layer fabric, homemade. I have another in my purse that I bought at Walgreens as a back up. Maybe have a couple of extra masks in your car so they're there when your DH forgets his @karenerwin. Just a thought.
I keep my purse in the trunk of my car so I don't think the hand sanitizer would do any bette r in there.
Yes, I do keep an extra mask for him in my car! He had a doctor appointment Friday and said he was supposed to wear a mask but didn't have one. I laughed and said, yes you do and then went and got it for him out of his stuff.
After the doctor appointment he said he lost his mask but got another one. When I asked him where he got it from he said the doctor gave it too him. He lost the one I gave him before he even made it to the doctor appointment. 🙄

So gardeners I have been speaking my mind and am expecting to become banned from BYC(maybe I am wrong). I have a few friends who may die from this Covid outbreak and do not agree with my governor. I am completely apolitical as is the illness. However, I do not like people who are uninformed breathing down my neck and maskless. I do not know what to say about these folks. I will be voting in November regardless. Honestly, 6 feet of space seemed reasonable before the outbreak. Not like anyone enjoys some pervy males buying beer crawled up on their backside. It could be something cultural though as I live in a part of Texas I do not know well.
Absolutely!!! Great point about the 6 ft prior and creepy people. I like a hug as much as the next or maybe even more but not during a pandemic and certainly don't breath of me w/o a mask!!
I am so sorry about your friends, I do hope with all my heart that they recover well and soon. I'm proud of you for speaking truthfully. Can you get banned for that now?!!
This is definitely like watching a slow motion nightmare.
Stay safe and well friend :hugs

@NewBoots you crack me up. :gig

So sorry about your losses @igorsMistress. Good luck on your first day!

& I rarely leave the house, I'm high risk with asthma & scarred lungs from pneumonia, but when I do go out I wear a mask & carry hand sanitizer. Wearing a mask is mandatory in CT (but isn't enforceable legally, I don't think). I despise wearing it, I can't breathe & start to panic & sweat, LOL.

edited to take out my gun talk, no one wants to talk guns on a garden thread!

Last edited:
I don’t think we’ll get into trouble for talking about common sense stuff. That said, I think this is the year of bugs. I’ve never seen so many bugs on my plants before. The cabbage was a total loss. I think I can get a handle on the rest of the swarm. I’ve even found a few bugs in the house. Ick! The humidity finally dropped a bit this afternoon. There’s a slight breeze that is helpful. I’m hoping for the heat to break on Wednesday so I can mow the backyard.

Is she a .45/70 lever action? I really would love to have one someday. And yeah it would be a door hanger. Not like it would serve any other purpose around here. Well outside of male vanity. Who knows we might get another round of gumment checks so I won't need to explain my excesses to my wife.
Nope. She's a bolt .22.
DH has his Dads bolt .22. His dad used to toodle around their Kansas neighborhood in the early 50s when he was 5 shooting squirrels with it from his scooter. OMG the image. Can you IMAGINE?! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom