What did you do in the garden today?

Thanks @TropicalBabies. That does make sense. Hombre is beautiful! ❤

Do you think your olive will recover, @Sooner Magnolia? You are right about the rural cooperatives. They seem much more interested in getting the juice going again. Your tomatoes look *wonderful*, congrats!

So many seeds, @karenerwin! Wow! Wait...what exactly is IN your will, anyhow? ;P

You are so right about the fall garden, @igorsMistress. Funny, it always seems I am just getting the regular garden chugging along at a good speed when it is time to plant for the fall garden. I am so sorry about your two birds; good luck keeping the others cool!

Good luck with those eggs, @penny1960! Is there anything Amazon won't sell any more? ;)

Pictures, @reddogmaster2! What do you plan on putting up?

Sorry about your neighbor, @AllenK RGV, and hope he pulls through.

What about titanium dioxide sunblocks, @WthrLady? Those are the only ones that don't make me break out—and I've been wearing sunblock (with throughout-the-day re-applications) every day since I was about 15. Very fair-skinned (which means the titanium dioxide ones don't make me look pasty...I already am...!).

My absolute favourite is Blue Lizard; keep one in the house and one by the door to take with me. I also always seem to have a tube of the "babyganics" brand around, which works well too. Not a fan of the sprays myself; I suspect you are right about the coverage. I don't trust my skin to those. BTW, even with such care? I've had a basal cell removed and my dermatologist insists I show up every spring and fall. *shrug* Good luck with a solution! Docs always say "cover up! Wear long sleeves!" but in 80+ weather with Ohio's humidity, it is either sun exposure or heatstroke!

And your bird stories are cracking me up!

Congrats on those baby cukes @jerryse!

Your tomatoes look beautiful, @Sueby! And oh, that Mean Girl. Knocked down a peg! It sounds like middle or high school...

It has cooled off wonderfully here, only the mid-80s! We keep getting long overcast stretches of the day, too. After the past couple of weeks, I think that's a blessing. We had another really nice rain yesterday, too, so no need to water.

I can't say 'good morning gardeners', even though that's when I'm out there. It's just that I do not really sit down to anything 'til afternoon...

Even so this morning I popped out (feeling better every day) to check on things, not having been able to go out, really, last week. Trimmed some tomatoes, threaded a few branches through the 'trellis', pinched and weeded. I also finally planted the lettuces and peppers (sweet banana and medium hot block) (that last sounds odd...like some sort of prison code...) that Hubby picked up for me and the acorn squash from my friend at church. :) Sprinkled a bit of fertilizer down, too.

Still no sign of squash germinating (planted more last week); nothing on the cuke seeds sown just yet (hope springs eternal!); something nibbled on the pole beans that finally decided to come up. Grrrrr! We picked up some potting soil yesterday, so I will sow those indoors and pop them out when they are big enough to defend themselves. I am also dead serious about filling a sprayer with water and sriracha to spray on things. A nibble of that won't stop bugs, I'm sure, but should slow down the bunnies and chipmunks.

And I have pictures....!

20200713_090007.jpg

Tomatoes-to-be. ❤

20200713_090302.jpg

Just a look at the garden this AM. Sun was obviously already hot on that one 'leg' as I was leaving. Hey, where did that disembodied hand shado—oh. (Had my big camera, too, but using my phone for this is just easier since I'm so short!)

20200713_090426.jpg

Another lovely poppy. They're coming in fast & furious now. So funny, I feel like it's late in the year, but who is complaining?

20200713_085349.jpg

Purply pink borage. Weird. To be honest, I prefer the blue. Plenty of those...why do they go mutant like this? Anyone know? Not many of them, but enough to notice. Some are pure pink!

20200713_085941.jpg

Baby "Green Zebra" with non-mutant alien borage. Sorry for the mistiness, I kept pulling my phone out of my pocket, then putting it back in...the lens gets fogged up. ;)

Happy gardening, everyone!

Ya, long sleeves and pants aren't even an option.

Some of the td lotions are ok, some aren't Sometimes the preventative is worse than the cure.

The critters are providing the entertainment, I just translate it and type it. They don't have thumbs, so you loose all the spaces when they try to tell their story anditgetsreallyreallyhardtoreadiftherearenospaces.

I'm just their minon.

Is she a .45/70 lever action? I really would love to have one someday. And yeah it would be a door hanger. Not like it would serve any other purpose around here. Well outside of male vanity. Who knows we might get another round of gumment checks so I won't need to explain my excesses to my wife.
Check out the Marlin 1895 BL in 45/70 The Trapper Model is really a work of art!

I usually carry while working the garden, at least with my trusty .410 for poisonous rattlers. Non poisonous snakes are my friends! 2 legged snakes beware!

Aloha gardeners,
No gardening, only watering, selling rooster and cockerel :hitand cooking today. Made the usual carrot muffins for my sweetie and a bow tie pasta salad because i was feeling a little dinner boring. I'll make a big salad along with the cold pasta salad and a turkey burger tonight. Yum! I have been on my tofu salad kick for breakfast/lunch again. You know it is summer when... and it just tastes so good plus, I needed to be good to myself. I think I am just a little sad about the last few sales, I did not want to part with them. Think I'll go for a quick ride this eve. It's a little warm but that ot to brighten my mood. Plus Hombre is still clean and his tail looks so awesome might as well go get it salty.
To all of my mask wearing compadres- you rock!!! I appreciate your inconveniences, keep up the great work and stay well, me ke aloha!!
IMG_4316.JPG
IMG_20190420_102252620_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190303_120614482.jpg

2670C63C-59FB-4F14-900E-C9C394807F8C.jpeg

Not sure what this is a sign of? These are my cucumbers. Hopefully not vine borers. Anysuggestions as to how to treat whatever this is?
DD06136E-D754-4152-882F-FE9A27596667.jpeg

Finally got around to cooking up the Orange Ditch Lily Jelly.
Tomorrow I’m off to try to find blackberries on public land that I can pick. I’m not getting enough from my couple of plants.

Back
Top Bottom