What did you do in the garden today?

@igorsMistress it looks so good, so different from what we saw just a few months ago!

@Compost King that greenhouse is going to be fantastic, can't wait for the finished product.

@TropicalBabies, beautiful pics, as always. Is that first pic nuts? Very pretty, looks like flowers, but I think it's nuts, lol.

Morning all, nothing happening, it's raining & should be most of the day. Def need that.

Have a wonderful day.

Aloha garden gang!
Just a quick check in. Nothing much growing veggie wise for me so I am rearranging and dumping poop, trimming, mowing and watering. Not in that order...
Had a few adventures, a few more chicks for a total of thirty something now lol, managed a few more rehomings and playing with the horses some more too. It is pretty frickin warm here and I just don't have words now a daze. So, as usual, photos.
View attachment 2327442View attachment 2327432View attachment 2327433View attachment 2327434View attachment 2327436View attachment 2327435View attachment 2327441View attachment 2327439View attachment 2327440View attachment 2327437View attachment 2327438
K. I hope all are well and still harvesting some goodies. Now I will go back and do some catching up on your posts! :frow TTFN!!!
Good to see you!! Love the pics :love

Well I’m the guy who can’t get tomatoes to ripen on the vine! I just posted that but 2020 has been a Very hot and Very dry year here. As I posted last month I purchased a pump and tank so I could pump water from a local source.
Out in the garden this morning and SURPRISE! Vine ripened!

Attachments

• A8174B8C-90B9-47CE-B7A9-A76CCF8F9DB3.jpeg
    A8174B8C-90B9-47CE-B7A9-A76CCF8F9DB3.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 2
Good morning gardeners. I wish that the shortening of days was in the evening rather than the morning. It’s a comfortable temp outside right now and I need to dig me some holes but there’s no light. I watered the fairy duster seeds but that’s it this morning. Getting ready to let the flock out here and go to work soon but I could easily get the society garlic planted in the time I have. Oh well, later I guess. The temps are going back to triple digits by tomorrow I think but the break is certainly welcome. The schools are talking about letting the kids back by the end of the month, but we have until tomorrow to decide. We have one with ADHD who is NOT doing well with online classes. I think the oldest is being lazy about his classes and has missing assignments. That’s alright, I took his phone indefinitely as of yesterday. It’s locked in my fireproof box with our important docs so his mom can’t cave and give it to him. Anyway, time to let my birds out and get busy. Make it a great day everyone!

Good morning gardeners. Got a late start this morning. Rain is forecasted for today. It's a bit of a crap shoot on how much we will get. I picked a half pound of green beans this morning along with some cherry tomatoes. I got all my peaches sliced and into the freezer yesterday. Still need to finish putting the labels on my jars. I still have okra forming, a few poblano and hungarian peppers and just a couple of jalapenos. It looks like the chipmunks cleaned out all the radishes and chard sprouts. It's too late to bother with kale and I will likely be harvesting the butternut squash tomorrow. Nearly all the leaves have died back and they are looking a bit vulnerable without their green canopy. Given the bugs and the drought this summer, I can't really complain. Like you @Sueby, I have lots and lots of green beans to last me for most of the year. I checked with my local orchards and the Concord grapes should be ready in a week or two and the Gala apples follow at the very end of the month. So the storage in my basement should be quite full by mid October. The greenhouse framing looks amazing @Compost King. I personally think it's a good idea to leave a walkway behind it so you can see what's going on from that direction. However, I am by no means an expert on greenhouses, just MHO. It is so good to hear from you @TropicalBabies. I'm glad all is well. I always love the pictures. Thank you. Have a great day everyone and happy harvesting.

Turned on the sprinklers to discourage my birds from eating the #s of chickory and daikon seeds I scattered yesterday, checked on the tomato plants ( a few ripe fruits - tomorrow), the recently planted beets (just sprouting) and icicle radish (not yet), and scratched my head mightily about the uneven performance of the herbs in my raised bed. Identical lighting, soil, watering, etc, but the performance of the plants is "lopsided" even w/i species.

Headed back out to pull another 1/4 acre of goat weed before the rape seed arrives next week. Going to throw it down over a small patch of exposed clay soil I have to provide some structure and protection for the new seeds. and if that doesn't work, I'll use it as bedding/litter for the chickens once it has dried.

K. I hope all are well and still harvesting some goodies. Now I will go back and do some catching up on your posts! :frow TTFN!!!
Good to hear from you! The pictures are beautiful as always, and what cute donkeys. And yeah, what is that plant in the first picture?
Anyway, time to let my birds out and get busy. Make it a great day everyone!
Good for you for setting firm consequences. I truly can't imagine how much harder it is to raise kids now. Hard enough before covid and everything else this year but now...I can only shake my head.

Chilly and foggy this morning, it doesn't smell so smoky now. An overhead image showed the smoke making a kind of dog-leg around us so that's our good luck. Everything's still damp from yesterday so no watering for now till I can tell what is settled fog and what is actually dry. The light is too diffuse to be able to search for tomatoes. Second day in a row there're no thin shelled eggs on the poop boards so maybe we've turned the corner there. I was a lazy lump yesterday and got little done but it's a new day and I have a grocery pick up to do so I won't get away with that again. :) Later all.

Day 4 of rain and cold. Our highs are only in the 40s. I finally, just now, had to turn on the heat just to take the edge off. The fireplace just wasn't enough, even with socks and two layers of tops. Once my fingers and toes go cold I can't get work done. And since I work from home...

We'll be back up to the 70s and 80s starting Saturday. Crazy. I'll access the tomato plants in the garden and in the volunteer patch this week and decide if they are done.

Back
Top Bottom