What did you do in the garden today?

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
DP picked up some pears yesterday 'cuz I said I'd make some of that caramel pear butter if she would get me some pears so I'll be making some too.

I'm so sorry @igorsMistress, the weather there just seems crazy. Any chance of moving to a gentler climate? The Pacific Northwest has lots of room and we'd be glad to have you! :)
Awe thank you :love
I dunno what we’re going to do, but the heat here is definitely becoming an issue for the animals. Once hubs can retire we can sell the house and move to a cooler area.

igorsMistress

Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Took the puppies to get spayed today. They are home now but definitely not feeling up to par. 😞
Hopefully they will feel better tomorrow when we can give them some more medicine.
I hope they feel better today Karen. They’ll probably be more normal tomorrow and you’ll be working to keep them calm by the weekend lol.

Sueby

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
CT
DP picked up some pears yesterday 'cuz I said I'd make some of that caramel pear butter if she would get me some pears so I'll be making some too.
It's pretty good. I'm not a huge pear fan, I love the flavor but don't eat them because of the grit & the butter def has the grit & doesn't really taste like pear! But if I ate sugar, I'd for sure have some of it, grit or not. DH really liked it. It took a lot longer to cook than the recipe said for some reason for both me & my friend. I figured mine took longer because I did it in double batches but she only did one batch & it took forever she said. I think our pears may have been a little under ripe. :idunno Def glad we both started yesterday.

Anyway, morning all. Canning day here today, should be an all day thing - took me all day yesterday too to get the pear butter ready to go. Will be glad when it's over! Next years jam will be something that doesn't need to be peeled & chopped for sure. Back to cranberries in the food processor. :gig

Have a fantastic day everyone.

Wee Farmer Sarah

Crossing the Road
Oct 8, 2018
North Central Massachusetts
Good morning gardeners. The weather has been a bit warmer here. I have one more okra that should be ready to pick tomorrow. I find that very funny since it's a warm climate plant. Rain is in the forecast later today, however I will have time to get some outside work taken care of. My impatiens continue to do well inside and the smaller plant has even developed some flower buds. I always bring my rosemary indoors to overwinter, however the sage is a perennial and does just fine along with the other perennial herbs @Swiss. I've never had parsely last more than one season in a pot, however apparently it will go for two seasons planted in the ground. I'm curious to see if any of the seed that developed on it will revive it next Spring. Thyme is like a weed and it will continue to grow nicely as will oregano and chives. Although I did dry a lot of herbs, if there isn't too much snow on the ground in late November I can usually pick fresh herbs for Thanksgiving dinner. So nice. Time to get moving now. Have a great day everyone.
I just love my backyard view.
Autumn colors.JPG

igorsMistress

Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Good morning gardeners. The weather has been a bit warmer here. I have one more okra that should be ready to pick tomorrow. I find that very funny since it's a warm climate plant. Rain is in the forecast later today, however I will have time to get some outside work taken care of. My impatiens continue to do well inside and the smaller plant has even developed some flower buds. I always bring my rosemary indoors to overwinter, however the sage is a perennial and does just fine along with the other perennial herbs @Swiss. I've never had parsely last more than one season in a pot, however apparently it will go for two seasons planted in the ground. I'm curious to see if any of the seed that developed on it will revive it next Spring. Thyme is like a weed and it will continue to grow nicely as will oregano and chives. Although I did dry a lot of herbs, if there isn't too much snow on the ground in late November I can usually pick fresh herbs for Thanksgiving dinner. So nice. Time to get moving now. Have a great day everyone.
I just love my backyard view.
View attachment 2379995
Wow Sarah! :love I miss the changing colors of Fall, thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom