What did you do in the garden today?

Dottie the Chicken

Lover of Jesus, cows, and chickens
May 8, 2020
Wisconsin
Hey, everyone!

Does anyone else grow stuff in a sunny window? I have some hydroponics growing. I also have a sweet potato vine growing for science (I am taking Botany this year), I also have some petunias that grew back from petunias that I sowed from seed earlier this year. I also have a pineapple growing, and Aloe, and some coleus.

20201203_131550.jpg
20201203_131548.jpg
20201203_131541.jpg
20201203_131537.jpg

Sueby

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
CT
@Dottie the Chicken I do bring a bunch of things indoors for the winter, I have my rosemary, an aloe plant, lettuce (just getting planted), some green onions. & a couple decorative plants like a cactus, a Swedish ivy & a mother in laws tongue. I meant to plant some thyme to bring in but forgot.

The sun is in the wrong spot for a pic!
IMG_20201203_152028295_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Hey, everyone!

Does anyone else grow stuff in a sunny window? I have some hydroponics growing. I also have a sweet potato vine growing for science (I am taking Botany this year), I also have some petunias that grew back from petunias that I sowed from seed earlier this year. I also have a pineapple growing, and Aloe, and some coleus.

View attachment 2435611 View attachment 2435612 View attachment 2435613 View attachment 2435614
Pretty! Nothing inside here except shade or low light plants.

ChocolateMouse

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 29, 2013
Cleveland OH
Grandson is in the hospital with irregular heartbeat - covid . We think he has had covid all of November . His wife's family infected us all . Chain reaction . So I guess we will get tested again .
My partner G has a low grade fever. :( We have our suspicions - there's been many cases at his work.

I've been hearing that you have to treat everyone like they're the jerks from zombie movies who refuse to tell you they got bit - because they are. Even people you think care about you will lie about their exposure to your face so that you won't refuse to see them. Very selfish.

All these basic folk be making me pare down my zombie survival team to only the people who are being upfront to the whole group about their exposure levels and health situation. If we don't talk enough to know your precise health status right now, I can't trust you not to lie to me about it.

TropicalBabies

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Kauai, Hawaii
My partner G has a low grade fever. :( We have our suspicions - there's been many cases at his work.

I've been hearing that you have to treat everyone like they're the jerks from zombie movies who refuse to tell you they got bit - because they are. Even people you think care about you will lie about their exposure to your face so that you won't refuse to see them. Very selfish.

All these basic folk be making me pare down my zombie survival team to only the people who are being upfront to the whole group about their exposure levels and health situation. If we don't talk enough to know your precise health status right now, I can't trust you not to lie to me about it.
Or we can follow what the CDC says because we ARE in the middle of a pandemic. Keep company with only our immediate households- the end. It won't last forever unless we are stupid enough to make it last forever.
I hear some places on the mainland almost 1/2 of the folks are positive, many don't know it. Like our PSA says, we are the vaccine until we get one. Stay home, wear a mask, wash your hands, good luck. We have been hunkered down since March, it sucks but beats the alternative.
Our mayor is a rock star and has reimplemented the 14 day quarantine for travelers. Out of 72,000+ peoples we have lost 1 to covid. I'm glad he is protecting the pacific islanders and my community. We just don't have the resources to go through what you folks are going through. Yep, sounds like you folks have become zombie land and personally I'd be pissed.
We have a few jerks too that think they are above things, I'm sure they will be moving on soon enough. :smack
**** also, good luck with your partner G. I hope that you all stay ok. :hugs

Last edited:

Top Bottom