What did you do in the garden today?

Lord, you people make me feel like a slug.
I really am grateful to be retired. If I had to gussy up and go to work every day to deal with stress and people, I don't know what I would do. So YAY, I get to stay home all day, maybe even nap.
I feel the same way, most days I really do very little in the way of labor. Especially now that there is so little going on in the garden. DP and I spend many hours in our Lazy-Boys playing on the computer. Retirement is awesome!
But like Dory says,
“Well, you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him."
One of her many best lines in that movie.

I did pick chard for the neighbor and beet greens for us yesterday, they were delicious and still producing like crazy. Beet Greens.jpg

We just put a sweep on our bedroom door since we don't heat that room (purposely, lol). It made a huge difference, you used to be able to feel the cold air rushing under the door all the way down the hall.
Oh this is a door to the outside. Big double french door.
20201203_121341.jpg

The horse is in the kitchen warming up. I am NOT impressed with how the outdoor paint OR the outdoor Varathane has held up AT ALL. All of the black paint pen simply vanished within a week of being outside. JUST vanished and it was under UV stabilizing poly coat, three layers!! Gone, just gone!

Hey, everyone!

Does anyone else grow stuff in a sunny window? I have some hydroponics growing. I also have a sweet potato vine growing for science (I am taking Botany this year), I also have some petunias that grew back from petunias that I sowed from seed earlier this year. I also have a pineapple growing, and Aloe, and some coleus.

20201203_131550.jpg
20201203_131548.jpg
20201203_131541.jpg
20201203_131537.jpg

@Dottie the Chicken I do bring a bunch of things indoors for the winter, I have my rosemary, an aloe plant, lettuce (just getting planted), some green onions. & a couple decorative plants like a cactus, a Swedish ivy & a mother in laws tongue. I meant to plant some thyme to bring in but forgot.

The sun is in the wrong spot for a pic!
IMG_20201203_152028295_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, everyone!

Does anyone else grow stuff in a sunny window? I have some hydroponics growing. I also have a sweet potato vine growing for science (I am taking Botany this year), I also have some petunias that grew back from petunias that I sowed from seed earlier this year. I also have a pineapple growing, and Aloe, and some coleus.

View attachment 2435611View attachment 2435612View attachment 2435613View attachment 2435614
Pretty! Nothing inside here except shade or low light plants.

Back
Top Bottom