What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning all. Here's a simple idea for your router @Acre4Me, did you unplug it then plug it in again? When I was on Hughes net I was directed to do that from time to time when the wifi "disappeared." We are supposed to get snow starting this evening however, they are only saying maybe 3 to 4 inches of snow. If that's all we get it doesn't pay to break out the snowblower. I would rather rack up some much needed cardio instead. So when your temperatures dip to uncomfortable "coolness" @NewBoots try wearing a hat. That should keep you a bit warmer. Also, long johns are a girls best friend in the winter here in New England. The temps were 16F earlier this morning and I was outside tending the chickens in my light LL Bean jacket which is about the equivalent of a lined hoodie, gloves and my usual chicken sloggers. When the temps get below 10F I do wear my winter coat and boots. Still plugging away at my slow remodel. My contractor let me know that my new exhaust fan will be here next Monday. The mini blinds I ordered for the two rooms that face the street arrived on Saturday. I hung the ones in the living room and they look great. They are metal and custom fitted so not the cheap, Walmart stuff. They also keep the "draft" from the windows down. These are double pane windows but you can still feel the cold on really cold days and night. After a quick trip to the feed store this morning, I'll work on removing some more wallpaper. I'm hoping to have it freshly painted by the end of the month :fl. Still waiting on my Gurneys order.

My mom has a router and has to reset frequently when use. Just a part of life.

I am not fortunate enough to have kids around for chores. How about you?

I never wanted to have kids, and didn't. Some (a lot) of people found fault with that choice. Fortunately, not my husband.

The neighbors have three young boys, 4, 7, and 8, I think. They're the only kids on the road. They will have a lot of opportunity to earn $ helping out us old folks here as they grow up. :)Their grandparents live two houses down, and they're all for putting them to work! :yesss:

Good late morning gardeners. I am doing nothing outside today but tending the ducks and that doesn’t take long. It’s cold and windy. I checked Amazon though and my two new grow lights are out for delivery today. I found a loofah sprout today so I’ll be moving everything that has sprouted over to a blue light to encourage leafing and leave the seeds under the red light. Break is over, back to work. Have a great day everyone!

Nothing in the garden today. I should get some seed going inside. Beat my husband to it. My cupola came for my new hen house. Loving it. I need to work out particulars but thinking grey with black roof. Will see what we have around the house. Hen house is grey with black accessories. Otherwise off white with black roof.

Ordered 2x12x12s, untreated lumber to replace the sides on the 4 beds that are way past their best by. I can only get about 3 years out of untreated lumber, unfortunately. I'm slowly going to treated lined with galvanized steel roofing panels, but the cost of one bed done that way would be equal to all 4 being replaced with the 2x12s and I've got to get this done now. It's 66°F out there right now. Going to start pepper and tomato seedlings this weekend, and I should have onion plants coming next week.

Last edited:
Ordered 2x12x12s, untreated lumber to replace the sides on the 4 beds that are way past their best buy. I can only get about 3 years out of untreated lumber, unfortunately. I'm slowly going to treated lined with galvanized steel roofing panels, but the cost of one bed done that way would be equal to all 4 being replaced with the 2x12s and I've got to get this done now. It's 66°F out there right now. Going to start pepper and tomato seedlings this weekend, and I should have onion plants coming next week.

Oh I could do onion sets in greenhouse.

Normalcy restored. After lots of time spent with tech help, I remembered a friend that runs IT in a nearby school district. Within 20 min, I was back up and running! Friend said it’s possible I could have some more problems, but just keep an eye on it bc might need to replace the router if continued issues. Whew!

Back
Top Bottom