What did you do in the garden today?

Got about 55 tomato plants in the huge planter box outside. Doubt all will survive the transition from the house outside, may have to move things around they are a little closer than they need to be.
None of my peppers seeds sprouted and the single pepper plant I purchased broke in our first rain. Not sure I'm going to try anymore.
Got three kinds of carrots planted, never grown them before. Curious if it will work.
View attachment 2652858
Really need a chicken tractor to get my ladies to help me pull weeds since they can't free range.
That outdoor fireplace/oven... I LOVE IT!

It rained about 1/4" this morning but the rain stopped around 2 and the sky cleared. So after lunch I went out and let the chickens out and gave them some of the cooked perch eggs and then the wind slapped me with the face with a cold spray of rain. I hustled the ladies back in the run and watered a few things and came back inside. It's blowing like crazy now and there's a fine mist in the air and I have a hot cup of tea...Now the sun is trying to break through. :he Fine, the weather wins, I'll take a day off. :idunno

You guys are contagious 🤣. I smashed my finger now too. Hurts like crud. I only caught it in the cabinet drawer so i must've hit it just right. My nail got dented and the pads swollen and a bit bruised.
How are everyone else's booboos?

How long should I have to wait to see the potatoes sprout? I planted a bit deeper than the usual 4”, but not as deep as @BReeder! says he does. I dont want to keep waiting if I ruined them. I did take a picture today but its just the wet bed and I tried to get a pic
26C14E08-4290-4CA7-A452-BE804A6F4FF9.jpeg
of the peas, but I dont know how well you can see them.
5EB693C0-7B4D-46F7-A87B-C9C132D3EC01.jpeg

You guys are contagious 🤣. I smashed my finger now too. Hurts like crud. I only caught it in the cabinet drawer so i must've hit it just right. My nail got dented and the pads swollen and a bit bruised.
How are everyone else's booboos?

How long should I have to wait to see the potatoes sprout? I planted a bit deeper than the usual 4”, but not as deep as @BReeder! says he does. I dont want to keep waiting if I ruined them. I did take a picture today but its just the wet bed and I tried to get a pic View attachment 2653799of the peas, but I dont know how well you can see them. View attachment 2653798
How long has it been since you planted? They can take 2-3 weeks to poke through the surface. I planted at least 8 inches deep and they took a good 3 weeks at least to come up.

I lost the beans again... I purchased beans twice and lost them both times. So today I ran to Menards and purchased another pack of beans. The only pole types they had were a sort of green bean. I used then anyway even though I we'll be harvesting them dried. I remember somebody on here said the harvest green beans fresh/tender and dried. I planted them right away when I got home so I don't lose them again.
I would really have liked scarlet runners, but nobody around here sells them.

I also let DS help me pick out some colorful pants and flowers for the two large flower pots we keep at the end of the front steps. I need to get a mosquito plant for the large pot we keep by three front door. I like to brush my hands through it as I come and go. It helps keep the mosquitos away from the doorway as will as off of me.

I lost the beans again... I purchased beans twice and lost them both times. So today I ran to Menards and purchased another pack of beans. The only pole types they had were a sort of green bean. I used then anyway even though I we'll be harvesting them dried. I remember somebody on here said the harvest green beans fresh/tender and dried. I planted them right away when I got home so I don't lose them again.
I would really have liked scarlet runners, but nobody around here sells them.

I also let DS help me pick out some colorful pants and flowers for the two large flower pots we keep at the end of the front steps. I need to get a mosquito plant for the large pot we keep by three front door. I like to brush my hands through it as I come and go. It helps keep the mosquitos away from the doorway as will as off of me.

That is so like me, I just found my grease pencils again for the second time and I was just about to give up and order more.
Me three! I lost a packet of artichoke seeds and a packet of forget me nots. Still have no clue :idunno

Lol. That’s the original post form 2012. I may have almost replied to it a few times myself.

Beautiful Iris!

Not after 85F here. Our humidity stays in the 80s and 90s all summer here unless there’s a drought.
Every year I get surprises with my irises. They were all here when we bought the property and I split them and move them and then cant remember what colors are where. This is one of my favs!

Back
Top Bottom