What did you do in the garden today?

I lifted the plastic in the garden, and I am still traumatized half an hour later. The worm was eighteen feet (okay, inches) long, and as wide as my pinky!! :eek::th
This is what the rodents were doing under the plastic.
View attachment 2676168
Voles do that here. I had a large piece of plywood down last year for a while and when I eventually lifted it I found tunnels and hole all over underneath it from voles digging. I've only actually seen one vole in our yard but I know they are around. Their population seems to stay low though.

If there's a church nearby, you could ask about using their parking lot on a day they don't meet to meet with online customers or see about making deliveries to members of the church there on Sunday afternoons when they let out. You never know, they might say yes. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
Closest church is 10 miles.
Neighbors starting coming by last night, now the word is out.
Thanks everyone.

Bought a positively MASSIVE solid oak table from a church in the city. It was their communion table for 40 years. The weight of this thing is insane.

It took every cubic inch of the back of my truck, but it's home and down in my sewing studio. It's going to be my new drafting and cutting table. I'll order the top mat today for it.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 6.09.55 PM.png

Three of us could barely move it. I don't know if they originally built it so you could strap a demon it to, but you could and the table wouldn't budge. If I told you what I paid, you'd faint, or cheer, no idea which.

Greenbeans finally decided to make their presence known. Geesh.

Moved the tractor from the workshop, and rearranged the barn to get it in. All of that so I could move the chick brooder area from the back of the shop to the front by the giant garage door. I'll let them play outside for a bit this week, then let the big girls out with them, then chuck them all in the coop a the end of the week. They're fully feathered at 7 weeks and huge, they'll be fine.

I'm sick of their mess, stink, and dust. Time for them to get OUT of my woodshop.

No plans today besides getting a willow tree in the ground, which requires removal of livestock blockade, and then replacing it as my long, noodle necks LOVE to eat trees.

Have a filthy day everyone.
The coop is big enough they can seek refuge while they cause havoc.

The garden is ready for plants. :th It wasn’t a super difficult thing, but it’s suddenly in the 80’s after being in the fifties over the weekend. I also am having issues with pain. Regardless!! I am so glad I messed in the garden last fall, and covered it. I think the hardest part was getting the tomato cages into the rocky ground. Turning the soil was a pretty fast job, and I didn’t see anything else moving. I even lifted the boards, and didn’t see anything. :woot
Before I put the plants in, I have to make at least one new run. The itty bitty chicks pop in through the fence, so I can’t close it until they are contained. I hate the idea of them getting lost in the plants.

it was windy and the gate in chicken's run opened. 14 chickens and 3 turkeys got out. they ate purple corn, a few zucchini and bush beans that just sprouted and marigolds. luckily they did not enter my front garden so damage is not a big deal. my oaxacan corn is in the front garden and they are more difficult for me to find seeds.

Back
Top Bottom