What did you do in the garden today?

OH boy!, from 9am to 12:30 I cut brush, went through 2 1/2 batteries, it rained, light, not bad, I didnt get to the gate area, I was wet, cold and I got a hot shower and soaked in the tub for a bit.

IMG_1002.JPG
Then I went to the coop, rinsed and refilled the water, scooped dog doo, and now,

I need to go find my aspercream

Coffee & avocado for lunch
IMG_1003.JPG

OH boy!, from 9am to 12:30 I cut brush, went through 2 1/2 batteries, it rained, light, not bad, I didnt get to the gate area, I was wet, cold and I got a hot shower and soaked in the tub for a bit.

IMG_1002.JPG
Then I went to the coop, rinsed and refilled the water, scooped dog doo, and now,

I need to go find my aspercream

Coffee & avocado for lunch
IMG_1003.JPG
Hehe, DH drinks black rifle coffee. I wish it got cold enough when it rains to want to soak in a tub. Only in winter.

Not nearly as hot today! All I did was plant a slightly crispy hydrangea. I don't know if it's gonna make it, but I'll keep up watering and see if it pulls through. If not, I'll figure something else out for that spot. Got some vinca I need to plant around it, but we'll probably wait to do that until after the toddler is in bed and it's cooling down more. Toddler bedtime is heck right now. Don't know what's up with him, but he won't stay in bed all of a sudden. Growth spurt coming maybe? Don't know, just know they're is much protesting happening in the evening.

On the bright side looks like DH will be making the long drive down, finally, tomorrow. Yay! And he'll still get a bit of time off before he starts new job, which he's going to need.

Hehe, DH drinks black rifle coffee. I wish it got cold enough when it rains to want to soak in a tub. Only in winter.

Not nearly as hot today! All I did was plant a slightly crispy hydrangea. I don't know if it's gonna make it, but I'll keep up watering and see if it pulls through. If not, I'll figure something else out for that spot. Got some vinca I need to plant around it, but we'll probably wait to do that until after the toddler is in bed and it's cooling down more. Toddler bedtime is heck right now. Don't know what's up with him, but he won't stay in bed all of a sudden. Growth spurt coming maybe? Don't know, just know they're is much protesting happening in the evening.

On the bright side looks like DH will be making the long drive down, finally, tomorrow. Yay! And he'll still get a bit of time off before he starts new job, which he's going to need.
is he almost 1yr,, try a routine of an hour or 2 before bed time, a bubble bath /w/ toys, it the water is to cold then, books in bed.

I just looked at these. The description says "Ball" but the brand noted is PINUO.
View attachment 2718255

I rarely trust Amazon anymore. I used to buy a ridiculous amount of stuff each year from them. Now most of it is CHEAP Chinese knockoffs. Most of the reviews are fake. And even after spending an embarrassingly exorbitant amount of time trying to weed out the good stuff from the bad, I've noticed that supposedly "reputable" companies disappear overnight on Amazon. Their products show up under a new name with an amazing amount of positive reviews... Just like that. It's a scam fest that gets my blood boiling. I still buy stuff on there but only stuff that I ASSUME is disposable cheap junk. I personally would not trust canning lids from them but that's just me. To each their own.... Just go in with open eyes

over 90 and with a 70 degree dewpoint and NO wind. Made it half an hour in the garden adding grass mulch before quitting and coming into the AC. Half of the garden is done, half will have to wait.
Purchased two new sunscreens today as the ones I ordered amazon Prime will not be here until JULY 21st. Cancelled THAT order.
One is SunBum and it smells fantastic but is slimy and sticky even after drying and is shiny. I'm covered in grass bits. And while it has a nice big, broad spray field, it's so fine there is A LOT of waste, and at 20$ a can, no thank you.
The second, which has a ridiculous price tag, is coola which I haven't tried yet.

My Hawaiian tropic go to had a wonky sprayer and I ran out of Coppertone cooling sport.
I tried a aussie gold yesterday that is mineral based and it didn't work at all.
I also got an aussie gold that was in a pump bottle. I thought that would be a nice liquid I could spread around instead of spray. NOPE lotion. UGH, what a gloopy mess.

My big thing is don't leave me tacky, sticky, slimy or sunburned. UGH.

I swear they don't test this stuff with real people, doing real work.

This might sound wonky but I use coconut oil. Cold pressed virgin coconut oil. I use it to treat sunburn but it can supposedly be used to prevent sunburn too.... The only downside is that you have to reapply it often as it's SPF is low (under 10, I think).

I spent a couple of months back in the early Covid days trying to make my own soap, shampoo, lotion, etc... I have stocked up on essential oils, lanolin, vitamin E, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, and a bunch of other stuff. The soap I made turned out pretty well. Ran out of it pretty fast.... Need to make more. The shampoo wasn't as good. I have long hair that tangles easily. I couldn't get the shampoo to thicken up so I think a lot was wasted when I tried to apply it into my hair.

I LOVE the smell of fresh mint, btw. I need to use some of that in my soap somehow

The harvest has begun! I've gotten three cucumbers thus far, two of which appeared from out of nowhere. Three bell peppers today. Cantaloupes are FINALLY starting to grow, they're about the size of big gumballs now. I think my Cherokee purple tomato is getting ready to flower.

I need to prune some of my herbs though. The lavender is ready to flower and the catnip is trying to take over the world.

Also my baby peach tree has tripled in size since I got it this spring. Here's to some delicious peaches in a few years!

I noticed earlier right before e we're leaving to take the kids swimming that the garden was too dry. I spent almost an hour deeply watering the beds with the hose. The plants bounced right back from their bit of wilt. Zucchini and yellow squash looked the worst, but are just fine now. I now am running the sprinkler on the other side of the garden over the raised rows, block of corn and the three sisters patch. I'll let it go for 20-30 minutes. Hopefully all this water holds everything over until Friday when we are expecting rain again. I will not be surprised if I have to water again before that though.

Back
Top Bottom