What did you do in the garden today?

I’d definitely be doing that if I had electricity at the garden. I set one up for the chickens when it gets really hot.
Same! I have box fans in both coops... Need to buy one for my duck coop. Poor girls are so hot sitting on their eggs. At least there's shade from the treed but I still feel for them.

And if I had a way to get electricity to the garden, I'd totally put a chunk of ice in front of a fan and weed all day long in front of it! 😂

I watered this morning before going to the farmers market and somehow missed the Marshall strawberries... They were bad wilted when I got home. I watered them deeply and they are starting to perk up but only on 1 side. So hot today! They are planted in an unpainted tire. Wondering if it is making the roots too hot. I might need to paint it this fall....

Anyway, I plucked a few more strawberries, onions, and cherry tomatoes. Also collected a BUNCH of marigold seed pods. Shouldn't need to buy plants next year! ❤️

And then I collected some fresh mint for the buns.... I really need to go fertilize and weed but it's just too hot. Tonight.... 😉😂

Good to know... This tree is pretty small (as mulberries go). Maybe 6 - 7 ft tall? Here's the picture I took a few weeks ago.... Only all evidence of ANY berries on it is completely gone. Not a single berry in site.

View attachment 2725376

I have one like this one but taller. I am dissappointed with tiny berries. I bought it about 5 years ago. it was more expensive than any other fruit tree, so money wasted.

lol aint that the truth. I actually have a 4 foot box fan I setup on the end of a row when I'm working on it right now.
I thought I was weird with the big 36 inch barn barrel fan at the end of mine I just drag out a long extension cord ! LOL

===
back from the villages
I'm trying to find the give-a-crap-ness to go out and go move some strawberry runners and pot them. Maybe in half an hour. Sigh.

Hey all. Gardens are looking great!

I watered & fertilized yesterday, I think the alaska fish fertilizer helped the peppers overnight. They seriously look better today.

I picked some dill, gotta get it before the swallowtails do. I had a gooseberry turn red today so I ate it, it didn't taste anything like I thought it would. Didn't taste like much really. :confused:

I found a great galvanized heavy duty bucket at a tag sale today for the sink on my garden bench. It's perfect.

I'm thinking about canning strawberry rhubarb jam tomorrow. Maybe. I'd like to get it out of the way because it will be pickle & dillybean canning time soon.

Back
Top Bottom