What did you do in the garden today?

Raised beds and square foot gardening allow you to grow a lot in a small space. After seeing the price increase with inflation this year, I am so happy to have food available outside my back door. DH is actually thinking of making a hoop greenhouse for me so we can extend our season. The kids are older so they don’t need the grass as a play space anymore. Hatching & growing chicks will be an alternative for meat for us (even if broilers are not available, smaller meat is still edible meat), we just bought a 1/2 steer for the fall & winter, and DH will be in hunting season soon. I am canning & freezing more than usual this year, and have a few extra bags of flour stored. Three local feed mills within 15 minutes to get chicken feed as needed, although we prefer one over the other two, food is food in a pinch. Hopefully it won’t get to that, but we are ready nonetheless. Just gotta figure out the gas bill…I don’t want to drive anymore.

&%&&$^&!!!!!!!!!
BLOODY HELL!
Grapevine variety of the little TURDS.
20220811_092503.jpg

My sister said, "oh HE"S CUTE, KIll it!" LOL

Mine was long as well as I do historic acting and teaching, but screw it. I was always wearing it UP, which wasn't doing it for me. After Covid #4, it was coming out like mad and is course now (grey is anyway), so off it came 1952 Queen E II pin curls for me now. Anything shorter and the white hair make me look bald.

&%&&$^&!!!!!!!!!
BLOODY HELL!
Grapevine variety of the little TURDS.View attachment 3219246

Mine was long as well as I do historic acting and teaching, but screw it. I was always wearing it UP, which wasn't doing it for me. After Covid #4, it was coming out like mad and is course now (grey is anyway), so off it came 1952 Queen E II pin curls for me now. Anything shorter and the white hair make me look bald.
What the ever lovin......??

&%&&$^&!!!!!!!!!
BLOODY HELL!
Grapevine variety of the little TURDS.View attachment 3219246

nooo-way-smiley.gif

how many people have land for gardening? my concern is how to keep my animals and garden safe once people from the cities come to the country. guns are illegal here but I need one (or a few).
We have a small plot of land... Not huge but enough to sustain our family. If things go seriously off the rails, here are my suggestions -

1. Make alliances with family, friends, and neighbors. Know who you can depend upon for what skills (cooking, sewing, mending or fixing things, medicine, etc), look for ways to barter locally, and make a plan with these people on how you will DEFEND your food & water sources.

2. I personally don't think I or anyone could ever have enough ammo... Not matter how much you've got, the enemy has more. So you have to learn OTHER ways to defend yourself and your property. Learning basic self defense is something you can do whether you are 5 yrs old or 90 yrs old. We used to teach people of all ages, body sizes, etc. The important part is to PRACTICE because these skills will fade if you don't. You can also learn how to make....um, devices...to place around your property for protection if you don't have guns. These can be made from everyday items you would have access to. You just need to understand a bit of chemistry and what SAFETY measures to take to ensure you don't harm yourself or others unintentionally. Whatever you do, DO NOT GOOGLE THIS STUFF or your (perhaps unfriendly) local or federal law enforcement will be at your doorstep. I'd suggest looking in the library first. You'd be surprised what you can find there...

Watered the garden this morning and decided I need to repot the blueberries because they've outgrown the pots they are in...

Went to the Dollar store to get a couple bowls/pans to use as water reservoirs and realized they had a ton of brand name canned goods. I just cleaned out 2 boxes of canned goods so I decided to pick up some more to replace it. Now my bank account is $125 lighter.... 😑

Back
Top Bottom