What did you do in the garden today?

Mine are in full sun and do fine.
Hmmm... I would love to try it. I looked them up on several websites. They all said that they grow best in Zones 3 - 7. Check. I'm in 7B. But they also said that if you live in a warmer climate to ensure they get afternoon shade because they will get leaf scorch if you don't (being a cool weather plant). It's regularly in the triple digits here through July and August. I'm just worried that would be too much for a cool weather plant to take on a sustained basis?

I put out the vertical nipple waterer that the girls love so much, they played with it the whole time I was out there. I turned around at one point to see my BA regurgitating a steady stream of water. Turned around again 2 minutes later & she was back at the waterer again. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Chickens are silly creatures.

I repotted the grape cuttings today.
DSCN1147.JPG
DSCN1145.JPG
DSCN1146.JPG

My first seedlings appeared yesterday: 7/24 wild strawberry cells. Today: 16/24 cells have little baby leaves sticking up! These are growing from seeds I saved from the wild strawberries that grow on our property.
B2E17D1F-AFFA-40E8-B328-5E06F1DF9CA8.jpeg

I got to play work in the garden today. I uncovered the strawberry and asparagus bed. I'll be keeping a very close eye on the temperatures for any sign I'll need to cover them again. Although, I gave my mom some of the runners from last year, she planted them in a pot, and left them out all winter. They were greening up a few weeks ago, so maybe I don't even need to cover them up? I'd rather be safe than buying more, though.
6DB8DF8F-7B23-401A-A65F-7556C1DB16E5.jpeg

Does anyone hang bars of soap around the garden to keep deer away?

I have a bunch of Irish Spring that DH says irritates his skin, so I googled using it in the garden.

I hung one in an organza bag on my coop because it was supposed to help with flies. I can't say I've noticed a difference but it's still hanging there, lol. I guess even with all of our rain, there must be enough of the tree branches overhanging to keep it from getting a lot of direct downpour, it will take years to dissolve at this rate.

Back
Top Bottom