What did you do in the garden today?

I got my canner from my husband for Christmas. I found some solar powered outlets at the home Depot. I told my husband about it and he said we could probably get a couple of them. Having lights up and not paying PGE for them being on, win win.
How does that work? Would you explain further?

View attachment 3714428I got a dehydrator for Christmas. My daughter’s herbs in the areogarden are growing like crazy. When I dehydrate the trimmings should I do each herb individually or do them all at once? Dill. Curly parsley, basil, mint, thyme and Thai basil.
Also I’d like to try to make some deer jerky. Does anyone have great marinade recipes they want to share?
Lovely photo Karen, is that your DH?

You can dry herbs together, I would do each in a separate tray though. Or half a tray dedicated to each if you’re drying smaller amounts.

I found a cheap plastic two-foot fence at Lowes for my small beds..........It keeps my chickens out, and its easy to work over it. I think these 3 okras are from Bakers Creek, the 7-inch-long type. I stuck my extra rooted sweet potatoes next to them. It will keep my chickens happy.

View attachment 3714679
Wow, your crew is well behaved. Mine would be over that in two seconds.

What? Chronic sinus issues?
Just the way of my world. I don't like them. They're exhausting. They just are.
They're better since starting allergy shots, but days like today, which should have been a lovely winter day, BOOM everyone is burning and the air quality is terrible and my sinus are on FIRE. Worse than that is it messes with my ears, which is a balance/floating sensation, but again just the way my world rolls. :p

?
Yup, BTDT. Sick of it

G’morning gardeners. I’m starting to feel better but man this crud takes the life out of a person. I had to go to get a few bulk items the other day and I waited for my grandson to get home to take it all out of the car :rolleyes: 25 lbs was the heaviest item but I just couldn’t do it. Starting to feel better and made a tour around the garden yesterday. The aloe usually blooms in spring, but whatever the other succulent is that I have out there is blooming now. The chaste trees are looking rough, we’ve had some pretty chilly nights so they’re finally dropping leaves. One of the Arabian lilacs looks dead, but the branches still spring back when I bend them so I’m just waiting until frost risk is gone to give her some blue juice. With being sick I forgot to water my ch ch ch chia pet and the seeds I planted. Got the pet redone yesterday and will reseed other stuff this weekend.

Marinade - 1 c soy or teriyaki sauce, 1/2 c Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 c liquid smoke, 2 t garlic powder,2 t onion powder, 1 t black pepper, 1t seasoned salt, 1 t meat tenderizer, 1/4 oz cure optional. 5 pounds venison sliced thin. Mix dry ingredients the mix in liquid ingredients. Marinate meat overnight mixing often. Dehydrate about 4 hours until done.

Back
Top Bottom