What did you do in the garden today?

How fast will sage grow from seed? I need stuff that will put on size quickly. Will most likely be able to start some stuff this weekend. This will give me only 6 weeks. Perhaps, not enough time to even do much other than the salsa and pickle packs.

I do not know if six weeks is long enough to make it large enough to sell, but start them anyway, they will sell when they do look nice.

If you have some plants, it roots quickly enough.
I start it from seed, then take cuttings off of that to make plants.

I'd go buy some 4' herbs and take cuttings. Do you have a seed germination mat? the warmth of that will get them to root quicker.
Also, you can pack the cuttings in the cells and let it fill in faster.

Come to think of it, if you soak your seed and germinate on a mat, you might shave some more time off.

Rosemary takes longer to root, but it is a great rooter. thyme roots quickly also.
I get my herbs from the grocery store and root them.
Anything in the mint family will work.
(Not dill)

Looks like I may have to invest in a germinator mat, hmm, something else to buy.

I've been pulling these nasty little weeds out of the garden. I'll have to take a picture of one and see if anyone can identify it. It has spread like wildfire the past couple of years. Little dinky, yellow flowers, that then turn into little balls with barbs on them. Get stuck on dog paws, shoes, etc... I've divided the garden in half. Half for vegies and half for flowers and herbs, so i am making a concerted effort to rid the flower half of weeds. The vegie half is easy, I can just rototill it, but the flower half I've been on my hands and knees.
Just ordered more bulbs from tulipworld.com, on sale, the only time I usually purchase anything. Didnt weed much today, weather too bad. Tomorrow though I should be able to finish!

I had 9 out of 10 spaghetti squash seeds sprout ( on top of the fridge in a baggie in a damp napkin) in about 2 days.... the last one sprouted a day later :) they were all monsters

Looks like I may have to invest in a germinator mat, hmm, something else to buy.

I've been pulling these nasty little weeds out of the garden. I'll have to take a picture of one and see if anyone can identify it. It has spread like wildfire the past couple of years. Little dinky, yellow flowers, that then turn into little balls with barbs on them. Get stuck on dog paws, shoes, etc... I've divided the garden in half. Half for vegies and half for flowers and herbs, so i am making a concerted effort to rid the flower half of weeds. The vegie half is easy, I can just rototill it, but the flower half I've been on my hands and knees.
Just ordered more bulbs from tulipworld.com, on sale, the only time I usually purchase anything. Didnt weed much today, weather too bad. Tomorrow though I should be able to finish!
Those weeds sound like sandbur . Not sure how they flower as it has been years since I have seen any .

yesterday I watered my tiny lettuce seedlings (romaine and mixed greens), spinach,
peas, beets and red onions...all seedlings. They are growing in raised beds with hoop covers. At almost 5,000 ft elevation, feels good to be able to grow things outside this early . Also let my 4 chickens roam the rest of the garden. What FUN they had!!!

you should change that font color, I dont even know why its offered, it really is a headache ... thank you from everybody

Back
Top Bottom