What did you do in the garden today?

Herfrds, I'm doing pretty much the same over here in north Idaho, except that I think I'll be fine with lettuce, mache, radishes, carrots and peas in the ground. Everything else is still inside.

Nothing, yet. The ground is still too wet to do anything with. I have plans to start an indoor herb garden as soon as I get the chance, and when the sun decides to come out for more than four hours I'll be out in my garden planting spinach, beans, carrots, snap peas, onions, broccoli, and anything else I have seeds for!

Quote: They must be popular.
highfive.gif

I am also growing Atkinson, Celebrity and a climbing tomato that I got as a free gift when I bought some fruit cocktail trees from EBurgess. However out of the 5 fruit cocktail trees I bought from them one one is truely a fruit cocktail one turned out to be a mini plum another is my peach that has stayed stunted for 5 years. And two died. I will never buy another one.
Spend 100.00 and get three trees and only one is a fruit cocktail. Not worth it! j/s

They must be popular.
highfive.gif

I am also growing Atkinson, Celebrity and a climbing tomato that I got as a free gift when I bought some fruit cocktail trees from EBurgess. However out of the 5 fruit cocktail trees I bought from them one one is truely a fruit cocktail one turned out to be a mini plum another is my peach that has stayed stunted for 5 years. And two died. I will never buy another one.
Spend 100.00 and get three trees and only one is a fruit cocktail. Not worth it! j/s
Yeah, I like them on sandwiches
droolin.gif
Nice, I've got 3 Super Sweet 100, A whole lot of Dad's sunset, Red Fig and a ton of mystery tomatoes that came up in the pig pen.
tongue.png
That really sucks.

They must be popular.
highfive.gif

They run 8 different catalogs from there . Catalog trees are undersize , wrong or sometimes just rootstock that was never grafted . They are close enough that I drive there to buy . Nicer more expensive stuff on site . I did buy a nice potted Carpathian walnut in a pot for $24.00 . About 5 foot tall .

Quote: I did buy a lot of plants from them. But I just won't order any more fruit cocktail trees from anyone. If they cannot show me the tree has all the fruit on it, I don't want it.
How nice that you are that close to them. I would love to go in and shop their nursery. We don't have any around here for a 100 miles.

I haven't been able to do much at all. Rain, rain, and more rain! But the water table is getting built up, so I can't complain. I got a rabbit today though for a pet, and especially for the manure! I built a wire cage, but I haven't even been able to start the hutch frame, because of the rain, so "Lucky" is hanging out at my daughter's house. My daughter named him Lucky, because he will not met the same fate as his siblings and be butchered. Lol! He's a black and white Rex. My garden will love his contributions!

Back
Top Bottom