What did you do in the garden today?

Well, it rained too much for my contractor to do his thing to renovate part of my shed into a new coop. Postponed until Wednesday. Which is less than ideal because my BF is getting his other hip replaced on Wednesday, so I will be out of town for a couple of days taking care of him. Then we'll be back home and I'll work from home for the next week or so. My plan was to get the coop built on Fri/Sat and move everyone in late last night. No dice, so now I have six-week-old chicks in a too-small dog kennel in my office. Yeah. They are outside most afternoons once I get home from work and all day on the weekend but I've not had everyone roost together at night because it's too small.
Sorry, very chicken-oriented post for the gardening thread. My critter sitter is in for more of a challenge than I'd meant for her.
I did make nice refrigerator pickles and used up a ton of my cherry tomatoes, roasted eggplant and basil on a pasta dish last night.

Oh and don't think I told ya'all this, but my newest lavender marans started laying on Friday! They're small but perfect and I've gotten two so far.

Attachments

• 20180803_180545.jpg
    20180803_180545.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom