What did you do in the garden today?

.3 inches of rain last night.
2.5 inches of snow today. It was the super wet dense stuff that turns into concrete you can't move after the first time you move it. Plowing the road and drive today was ridiculously damp.

Managed to sew up a bunch of baby gifts for friends.

Milled wheat this morning and bread is rising and will be in the oven shortly.
I need to make cheese, but I'll do that tomorrow.

We need to move more hay to the barn from the hay shed, but hoping it will melt a bit so I don't have to haul it through snow. We have a hay sled but BLEH, I don't like to use it.

ANNNND....it's snowing again. Too bad. I've plowed the "neighborhood" all winter for 10 people without so much as a thank you or an offer to buy the tractor some diesel. (I even dig out their driveway bottoms and mailboxes.) For piddly snow, they can just deal on their own.

Aloha gardeners!
DH cut and we loaded up last of the Kukui tree rubbish last eve. Off to the greenwaste!View attachment 2009215
I made a quick getaway up to Koke'e to spend the night and to do some touch up painting on my truck bed in a dust free environment -yes, still trying to finish up some stuff on truck- in between getting sucked into DH's crazy retirement projects. And yes, I left him at home.
I went for a small walk this morning and caught the sunrise over one of the canyon lookouts. I took photos for my snow bound friend in the Colo Rockies, I'll share some green and warm with you folks too. Though it was pretty dark out and it is hard to see the full detailed glory of the beautiful Koke'e Canyon morning, I think you can get the idea.
View attachment 2009226View attachment 2009227View attachment 2009228
View attachment 2009210View attachment 2009216View attachment 2009211
It clouded over shortly after I walked back to cabin as Kauai has a weak cold front approaching. I plan to go back up this eve to finish the job if weather passes.
Only watering for the garden and egg collection.
OK I'm jealous. Freezing, and jealous.

OK I'm jealous. Freezing, and jealous.
Beautiful! I'm jealous.
Just think how unproductive you would be here... def no cheese or Alpaca's... probably wouldn't be doing any sewing either ;) and all your unhelpful, ungrateful neighbors would be lost w/o out you.

***Though that could be a good thing!

Just think how unproductive you would be here... def no cheese or Alpaca's... probably wouldn't be doing any sewing either ;) and all your unhelpful, ungrateful neighbors would be lost w/o out you.

Oh I was crazy active when I lived on the beach in Florida too. Ya. I considered only plowing in front of my place today. Several neighbors haven't bothered getting tractors since they moved in.... Leaving the two of us that do, with all the work. SIgh.

I think I'd rather be hiking or just sipping coffee while enjoying all that beauty.

I think I'd rather be hiking or just sipping coffee while enjoying all that beauty.
It is absolutely amazing for sure. I try not to take it for granted but I know I do. Oh well, Life's a trade off. We sacrifice a lot to be here. I know the living standards are much better on the mainland and I have tried to live there in the past. It is far too cold and busy for me there.
I'd love to have a big piece of land or more amenities. BTW.... where are my snow photos????

BTW.... where are my snow photos????
Ask and you shall receive............... :highfive:
1579820127010.png

It is absolutely amazing for sure. I try not to take it for granted but I know I do. Oh well, Life's a trade off. We sacrifice a lot to be here. I know the living standards are much better on the mainland and I have tried to live there in the past. It is far too cold and busy for me there.
I'd love to have a big piece of land or more amenities. BTW.... where are my snow photos????
No snow here my friend, I live in the desert. We have brown. @Wee Farmer Sarah might have some.

Back
Top Bottom