What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning gardeners. We slept without the heater last night, but I knew it was chilly because the dogs were snuggled between us in bed rather than taking the whole thing. It was 70! Can you tell these kids are from AZ? :gig We are processing 3 roos today, I put them in the mini coop last night, and I'm going to water the ginger and check soil moisture in the garden and that's it outside today. Laundry and grocery shopping are necessary evils. Have a great day everyone!
AHHH I'd burst into flame at night if the house was 70! Sleep happily at 62. Of course I work outside at 30 with only jeans a T-shirt on. LOL>

DH and I got tired of staring at our laptops yesterday (working not playing) and left about 330 for the hardware store. Hardly fun, but it was out. I picked up lumber for another hive. I'll cut lumber today and work on it Tomorrow and Tuesday when it cools off again.

Heading for 52 today, with not so horrible winds, so birdies should be out for a while today. OH remember Boots the fox? Found squished on the road earlier this week.

Aloha kakahiaka gardeners!
Today the sun is burning through our high level clouds and temps are a perfect 75 degrees @9:30am. It is a spectacular day- no complaints. Had mom over for pancakes and eggs and fresh squeezed OJ.
I plan to work on the deck a little more in between laundry and the rotating door of visiting cousins, kids and friends. DH leaves for Oahu with MIL tomorrow morning. I will have 3 days solo :ya
I hope to squeeze some time in to play in my garden pulling my asparagus, planting onions and clearing potting tables. Would like to do some more propagation in step with spring.

@cavemanrich the little hen and her brood seem to have adopted us, as in they wont leave lol. I think I will trap some of the mango flock and relocate them to the thinned out pasture flock.... at least some of the up and coming nice looking roos should go. We have over 40 surviving chicks and 15-20 healthy juveniles compared to the 3 of the pasture flock. Too much- too little.
8316.jpeg

Have an awesome day all!!!

I finally decided to start experimenting with sprouting sweet potato slips myself from store bought sweet potatoes.
20200216_150705.jpg

I also placed two russets that look like eyes are forming into our hanging basket in the pantry to set if they develop. I hope to pickup some red and purple potatoes from our local produce store and hope to get eyes on them too.

The food is moved. The poo is moved. The hens got to go out today despite 30 mph winds. We made it to 57 and we'll have snow tonight. :barnie
The bees have been out playing and doing their 'bring out the dead' all day. I'll put their rain cover on tonight AFTER they've gone to bed.

The lumber for the new hive is all cut. I'll start assembling it tomorrow.
I hung the dough trough on the wall and will be tossing out my trusty giant wood kneading board. It warped terribly and now I can't keep it on the counter properly. Guess I'll have to add making a new one to my list of rainy day projects.

THink tomorrow I'll peek at the seed starting greenhouse and see what needs done in there soon.

What did you do in your garden today?

I picked a bunch of Rattlesnake green beans and Cherokee wax beans, a few tomatoes, three eggplants, some broccoli shoots, and jalapenos. Pretty happy with today's harvest!
thumbsup.gif
We are currently being blown all over the place from storm Ciara at the moment I’ve had to move my smaller coop as the wind keeps trying to take it across the garden, it’s been absolutely horrendous here in Scotland first of all it was hair sleet and then snow and then days of this really strong wind and rain
I can’t wait to see grass again!! Lol

AHHH I'd burst into flame at night if the house was 70! Sleep happily at 62. Of course I work outside at 30 with only jeans a T-shirt on. LOL>

DH and I got tired of staring at our laptops yesterday (working not playing) and left about 330 for the hardware store. Hardly fun, but it was out. I picked up lumber for another hive. I'll cut lumber today and work on it Tomorrow and Tuesday when it cools off again.

Heading for 52 today, with not so horrible winds, so birdies should be out for a while today. OH remember Boots the fox? Found squished on the road earlier this week.
My husband works outside so I let him be comfortable when he's home. If tgat means 70* at night and I sleep with just a sheet, so be it. Summer temps are 78* at the coolest or the electric bill $3 million a month.

summer temps inside are 78 here too, just because that's what is comfortable. I still run the air to get rid of the humidity. In the middle of all these crop fields, the dew point is insane in the summer. Luckily we have an amazing electric co-op and my bill is never more than 120 a month in the winter and during the hottest summers 154.

OC today we're playing grass fires everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom