What did you do in the garden today?

Cold but sunny the next few days.

I'll go pick up some chicks tomorrow for the spring batch. :jumpy Will need to thin the flock to make room. I'll have to send some adults to auction in March/April, so we've been working on our list of who to send on to another home.

Next up: getting my seeds organized, and sourcing sulfur to lower pH in my garden.

Cold but sunny the next few days.
Next up: getting my seeds organized, and sourcing sulfur to lower pH in my garden.

Part of my front lawn (which was graded and re seeded after a concrete walkway was replaced last year) needs potash. Waiting for materials to arrive to treat the lawn to help it. Soil tests on the veggie garden came back pretty good overall.

Part of my front lawn (which was graded and re seeded after a concrete walkway was replaced last year) needs potash. Waiting for materials to arrive to treat the lawn to help it. Soil tests on the veggie garden came back pretty good overall.

I've been researching this as well. A book I have that is a helpful resource indicates these are higher % potash, in order of higher % to lower: flyash, wood ashes, greensand, powdered tobacco stems, granite dust, seaweed as good sources. Manure with the best % potash is guano, followed by sheep manure. In fact guano has 12% nitrogen, 8% phosphorus, and 3% potash (according to their chart), so considering the little bats don't poop too much, at least its high octane!

I posted my soil results on Saturday, so the "new bed" might be a green manure bed for a while to work in some good decaying organic matter. But first I'll need to add sulfur and probably some peat moss to the bed since it has a quite high pH level.

Back to Menards. I went to buy shingles yesterday and they said they were special order only. Nope they have 33 bundles in stock. He argued with me!
UGH.
I put coat #1 on the hive. It can dry while I'm popping to town...again. Grrrr.
New mill arrived yesterday too, so I guess I can go to UPS and drop the other one off.

Stomp Stomp Stomp.

It is a pretty color .....glowing lilac.

Back
Top Bottom