What did you do in the garden today?

Good afternoon gardeners. It has been a few days but goodness you've all been busy!
I watered the other day but I think everything could use a boost so I'm going to fertilize tomorrow. I thinned the artichoke flowers today, they'll go well with bbq'd chicken. I had to cut back some of the leaves and tossed to the chickens, the rosemary wasn't getting any sun. I brought in some of that as well, it makes the house smell so good! There's a flower on one of the nasturtiums, it hasn't opened yet but I'm excited to get some flowers. Everything else is coming along slowly but surely. Here's a pic of my harvest today, have a great weekend!
20200403_144206.jpg

Reserve Unit is done and delivered. They were SHOCKED at less than 24 hour turn around. LOL.

I told them I squeezed them into the line of medical orders, so I couldn't sit on it for long! HA! I still think they were shocked.

I have an order of 10 custom masks and then back to making them in mass.

My JoAnn order comes (or is supposed to) come on Monday, so after that I will take a personal break and work on my 1770s Stays. I'll grab some boning when I pick up livestock feed on Tuesday. So cross fingers on THAT project. LOL!

The lemon tree is up 4 inches! That's CRAZY!

I'll water the peony starts and the daylillies. Tomorrow will be warmer so I'll plant the wisteria baby. Sunday will be warmer yet, and I'll open the potting shed area and get some seeds in dirt. I need to water apple trees too. THAT sounds like a kid job. Maybe I'll give that one to him. Then fishing I think.

Treating us to carry out pizza tonight. I earned it. LOL.

The department of conservation in Missouri has suspended the requirement for fishing licenses for a while! Because of the corona virus and I guess this gives families another way to get something to eat.

That is awesome! We love to fish but a license for all 3 of us gets expensive. We have a beautiful lake a bit down the hill...but its closed for now. Boo. I do missing fishing and its been too damn cold! http://www.lakecuyamaca.org/

So I'm mighty eggscited! I placed an order with park seed last night. A bit ambitious probably, but decided to purchase some seeds that may make it (or no!) since our last frost was supposedly DONE last week of March. But now I read that we're to get rain/snow showers on the 8th and 9th with WSW 12-13 mph. Blech! I am so not a cold weather person.

Also had to repot my orchid (of four years) again. Then I planted some random beef stake t's, jalapeno and red bell pepper seeds that I collected last week. This is what I got from park seed:

Imperial Star Artichoke Seeds
White Star Hybrid Eggplant Seeds
Bright Lights Swiss Chard Seeds
Thai Siam Queen Basil Seeds
Rosea Lavender Seeds
Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds
Chef's Choice Orange Hybrid Tomato Seeds
Jewel of Africa Nasturtium Seeds
Sangria Hybrid Watermelon Seeds
Parks Spinach Salad Blend
Sunburst Hybrid Squash Seeds

So next week I have to go to Stater Bros and TSC to stock-up. I reckon I'll look like this lady while grazing for meat! But I'll have a big 'ole shopping cart in tow. How do you pick just one??

mask2.jpg

[QUOTE="WthrLady, post: 22389192, member: 2997
Then fishing I think.
The department of conservation in Missouri has suspended the requirement for fishing licenses for a while! Because of the corona virus and I guess this gives families another way to get something to eat.
[/QUOTE]
I live above a massive lake and state park. I just want to go out and walk and toss a line. Allergic to fish myself. Son wants to fly-fish. I might nap in the sun. I need to decompress. PMS plus quarantine is NOT a good combination.

So I'm mighty eggscited! I placed an order with park seed last night. A bit ambitious probably, but decided to purchase some seeds that may make it (or no!) since our last frost was supposedly DONE last week of March. But now I read that we're to get rain/snow showers on the 8th and 9th with WSW 12-13 mph. Blech! I am so not a cold weather person.

Also had to repot my orchid (of four years) again. Then I planted some random beef stake t's, jalapeno and red bell pepper seeds that I collected last week. This is what I got from park seed:

Imperial Star Artichoke Seeds
White Star Hybrid Eggplant Seeds
Bright Lights Swiss Chard Seeds
Thai Siam Queen Basil Seeds
Rosea Lavender Seeds
Alfalfa Sprouting Seeds
Chef's Choice Orange Hybrid Tomato Seeds
Jewel of Africa Nasturtium Seeds
Sangria Hybrid Watermelon Seeds
Parks Spinach Salad Blend
Sunburst Hybrid Squash Seeds

So next week I have to go to Stater Bros and TSC to stock-up. I reckon I'll look like this lady while grazing for meat! But I'll have a big 'ole shopping cart in tow. How do you pick just one??

View attachment 2074406
So glad I make meals by the month and have half a cow in the freezer. Just saying. I do grab a couple things at market just to make the freezer last a bit longer. When it is limit one. I get the biggest piece I can and butcher it down. Most people don't know how to do that. I can also grind meat to my own purpose.

Back
Top Bottom