What did you do in the garden today?

Nice list! Do you have previous experience with luffa? I've read once it's in it can be difficult to get rid of so I'm curious about others experience with it.
I have a nice covered garden right now but we're working to expand by adding a full sun garden in another area for the same reason, to be able to produce much more at home.
I like growing loofa(h). It is an awesome plant. I found that it takes a lot of room and to trellis, trellis, trellis. I built my trellis at an angle and was very happy I did. Next time I will build an arbor. No problem getting rid of. I just yanked it.

Anyone have insight to what’s up with some of my broccoli starts? These have been transplanted about 2 weeks or so ago and leaves are turning? Not sure if it’s nitrogen deficiency or a fungal thing?? View attachment 2080043View attachment 2080043View attachment 2080044View attachment 2080045
That does not look like nitrogen deficiency to me...:hmm See how the leaf is curling? Also plant has good color for the most part. What is happening under the leaf- can you take a photo of that? My guess is fungus or bugs. What has your weather been like? Lots of moisture? I'd look for bugs, check the stem, trim the bad leaves (and get them as far away from you as possible and careful w/ touching other plants), let it dry out a bit and hope the sun will dry and strengthen plant because they do look pretty good for starts... but i would be concerned and proactive about the leaves, especially if that happened fairly quickly.

****Sunburn makes sense... did you just bring them out say 4 days ago? Watch that water...

Last edited:
I like growing loofa(h). It is an awesome plant. I found that it takes a lot of room and to trellis, trellis, trellis. I built my trellis at an angle and was very happy I did. Next time I will build an arbor. No problem getting rid of. I just yanked it.
Thank you! I have an idea for an arbor already so I might try something like that with it.

Thank you! I have an idea for an arbor already so I might try something like that with it.
Oh that sound great and will add shade for you too. It really is a pretty plant, hardy (yes to rich soil) and produces MANY seeds in the finished fruit if you are not planning to eat. Easy to seed also. I can not remember what time of year i planted mine... thinking probably spring. Fast grower and fruiter. Bet you could pull it off. I just planted my old seeds last week... better get my arbor built soon lol.

image.jpg
image.jpg

mine is so blue it looks black!
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom