What did you do in the garden today?

Had to actually go out & shoo the turkeys out of my newly transplanted black eyed susans & purple coneflowers. They just lounged around for hours on top of my hard work, & I thought they might be eating my blueberries, but they weren't. Might have been having turkey for dinner if they ate my blueberries! :lau
IMG_20200528_074313374.jpg

Good morning gardeners and okra haters. Thank you @littledog. For those of us who know how to cook just about anything and make it tasty. I'm surprised @FortCluck, when do "vegans" eat gumbo? There's a lot of animal protein in there. And I'm sure @Xalthir knows that okra and a well made roux are key to a decent gumbo. But onto the garden. I gave the garden a good watering yesterday. I finally found something for my flower garden border. Apparently there's a whole lot of gardening going on right now. On the way home from the store I stopped at a local nursery and picked up some pickling cucumber starts and an extra tomato plant. Something ate 2 of my cucumber plants. But everything else is doing well. The cabbage and lettuce is growing. The peas are climbing up the rope. And all but 3 of my potato plants need to be hilled already. I had forgotten about the dill seeds I scattered in one of my herb beds, but there are some dill plants coming up. The radishes I planted recently are coming up as well. I need to do more work on the baby coop today. I counted up my remaining 2 x 4's and I need to pick up a few more for the run. I should be done with that sometime next week. I'm glad you are able to communicate better with your mother @karenerwin. But just a thought, nursing homes are really expensive. Have you compared the cost of her remaining in the apartment and having home health aides help her. Have a great day everyone.
A home health care giver would run her $200,000 a year on top of what she pays for her apartment and the assisted living facility won’t allow it in her condition. Plus she couldn’t afford that anyway. But thanks for the suggestion!

If my loofahs turn out successful, I would gladly exchange loofah seeds for some of your basil seeds.
I love your idea of exchanging seeds in general.
Oh! I'm sorry... I did not catch on the first time i read this... must have been late :confused:yes, if you want loofa seeds just PM me your address and i'll ship them off to you.

Aloha garden gang.
I loaded up my truck and went to town to make that one gal her garden. She and I had been on a hit and miss for a week or so. So, 3 big containers with some pretty awesome soil. I planted a cute start of lettuces, kales, tomatoes, green onions and a few misc greens. I hope she gets some joy and food from it.
DH started obsessing about the R-Com incubator that I was obsessing over lol and told me to call and buy it this morning... boy, DH has come a long chicken way! Normally he just complains about the poop on the steps. So, I called and got my dreamy R-com pro 20 this morning b4 leaving to garden. Probably do one more hatch with cool chicken dude then fly solo.

I sold a couple of older pullets the day before and the guy promptly lost one... granted they were raised by mom but really, he knew that going into it. All he needed to do was feed them for awhile and make friends. The chicks from crazy mama Rose follow me all day long now and they were the worst. Well, that made me think of @WthrLady and her story of selling her chicks... Today he called and wanted more... hmmm... bah ha ha ha :lau right?!!

K. got to get out and check the girls and water the yard and garden. It has been really hot and humid this last week here. Oh yuck, summer.... rhymes with bummer 😝
This is what happens when you plant a garden variety Potho house plant in Hawaii.
1590726825669.png

20200528_114017.jpg
20200528_114158.jpg

It mutates and climbs. This one is probably 60' high that I could see. Cracks me up.
Oh, and cute chickies :love
20200528_090946.jpg

Last edited:
... Shoot. I have not been doing anything garden-related for the last month or two... been busy!
So, what did I do in the garden today?
I cuddled my birds... that's pretty much it.
I need to start some stuff if I want anything by the end of the season... gah!
Do you need seeds? I might could mail you some

Back
Top Bottom