What did you do in the garden today?

Surprise! We have some tomatoes!! This variety is called “Brad’s Atomic”. Kid picked it bc it should produce a variety of colors and streaked cherry/grape tomatoes.

2C65473E-C97B-49C9-A194-FC52E325994D.jpeg

The other surprise was that something is eating the strawberries. :rant We think it’s mice! :mad: So, a few pink strawberries and they all have been chewed on!

Good morning gardeners. Nothing happening in the garden today. Yesterday I ventured into the local Walmart to pick up a few things and found some Mexican Tarragon. My Russian Tarragon starts dried up on me. I will try to direct seed it into one of the herb beds and hopefully that will take. I'm ready to put the roof on the new chicken run and then will fill the area with the rest of the dirt pile in my driveway. It's a lot easier dragging buckets of dirt to the chicken coop area as there are no giant steps to climb. So I hope to be finished with that within the next few days. I went to the feed store yesterday and was informed that the feed I need won't be in until Friday. So another trip out of the house. My dahlias have not come up yet. I'm hoping they are just slow like everything else has been. I think I'll just buy some more flowers then plant those and spread flower seeds all around. The demonstrations are getting a little closer to home now. I noticed the helicopters flying around yesterday. They usually only fly around here when something big or scary is going on. But apparently there was a peaceful demonstration in the next town over. Good to know, I was afraid it was a bear on a rampage. Have a great day everyone.

Got the grass weed whacked around the raised gardens. Put the rest of the manure in the big run for the chicks to scratch through. Open the bee hive. Finally got stung. 😞
Found out I’m not allergic to bee stings!! 🎉
It was hot out today. Was supposed to get storms this evening but all we got was thunder and lightning.
I'm jealous you can keep bees! We can't here, Africanized bees are a problem. I'm jealous you got thunder and lightning too, our storms here haven't been impressive for many years.

I'm jealous you can keep bees! We can't here, Africanized bees are a problem. I'm jealous you got thunder and lightning too, our storms here haven't been impressive for many years.
I can't keep bees here either, they attract bears. But we sure do get thunderstorms. If I could give them away, I would.

I can't keep bees here either, they attract bears. But we sure do get thunderstorms. If I could give them away, I would.
Understandable, if I had to worry about bears I wouldn't either! I grew up in the midwest and always loved thunderstorms. Hated having to hide in the cellar in the middle of the night when tornadoes blew through though.

Surprise! We have some tomatoes!! This variety is called “Brad’s Atomic”. Kid picked it bc it should produce a variety of colors and streaked cherry/grape tomatoes.

View attachment 2176085

The other surprise was that something is eating the strawberries. :rant We think it’s mice! :mad: So, a few pink strawberries and they all have been chewed on!
We have a cute bunny that is eating my stuff. My beagle scared it off the other day. I told her that we can share because it is only eating some of the leaves on my cucumbers.

Back
Top Bottom