What did you do in the garden today?

Fibonacci sequence. The Golden Ratio.
IMG_7508.JPG
IMG_7510.JPG

Chicken fodder growing in faster than I thought it would. I love my greenhouse.
IMG_7522.JPG

2 birds 1 stone. Tool storage and humidity dome shading.
IMG_7528.JPG

Hemp fell down in a rain/wind storm. I guess it was from a Hurricane that came up from the Gulf but it was just 20 MPH winds when it got here which is very high winds for this area.
IMG_7534.JPG

I let my chickens forage in my fall garden, they didn't touch much though. I ran out of chicken feed and some young non egg laying birds were eating layers feed today and scratch grains because I ran out of feed a day before I go to the feed mill. Since They did not have the right feed I figured increasing their foraging range will lead to them not eating too much high calcium feed.

I am curious how you get them to eat oyster shell. I have been using this same feeder for three years now. It must be the acre they have to free range and stealth attacks on the garden.
View attachment 2392155
I have the same problem. I leave it out for them and they tend to ignore it even when they are laying thin shelled eggs. So, sometimes I sprinkle it over their egg layer pellets ( which I know you aren't supposed to do).

Good morning gardeners. It's snowing! There wasn't much accumulation when I first got up this morning but it's coming down hard now and accumulating. It's 32F outside my window right now. It's supposed to stop around 1 pm. They are predicting a hard freeze overnight so I need to roll the fig tree into the garage sometime today. I just love the greenhouse @Compost King. Keep those lovely pictures coming. I used to put the oyster shell in a small bowl on the ground and the girls would usually kick it over after a day or two. I bought a special feeding cup for my rooster and there were 2 in the package. I started using the extra cup for the oyster shell and the girls love it and they are actually using it. It hangs on the side of the run from the HC. I also got a special watering cup for my rooster. His wattle is really big and was interfering with him eating and drinking out of the regular dishes and chicken waterer. Now he can eat and drink without his wattle dropping into the food and water. Here's a couple of early views of our first snow. I'll take more pictures later. Have a great day everyone.
First snow 2020.JPG

Oct 30 2020.JPG

I forgot to mentipn, Randy is molting right now and doesn't like his picture taken when he is half (feather) naked!
Randy's food dish.jpg

Back
Top Bottom