What did you do in the garden today?

We've had a pretty good snow for our area--almost a foot yesterday and expecting as much again today. Nothing going on in the garden. But as we get little precipitation here except snow-melt and some summer rain, I'll take it, even if it's inconvenient.

I DID have several outdoor chores to do this week, not really gardening, just getting our new yard cleaned up (rocks, branches, stumps, etc), and cutting low/dead branches so I don't poke my eye out taking the dog for a potty break. Guess it'll wait.

So, here's to another snow day!

What do you use to fix yours? This is the first time I’ve had to patch a tire on one.
If the leak isn’t too big you might try Fix A Flat in a can. Meant for regular car tires but works just fine for other air tires. Forgot these have tubes skip above idea. :lau
Also check the Schrader valve it might be loose and need tightening sometimes that’s a quick fix.
I’ve found it near impossible to get the wheelbarrow tires off the rim to fix.
Getting the no flat no air replacement tire mentioned above is a great option.

Last edited:
We've had a pretty good snow for our area--almost a foot yesterday and expecting as much again today. Nothing going on in the garden. But as we get little precipitation here except snow-melt and some summer rain, I'll take it, even if it's inconvenient.

I DID have several outdoor chores to do this week, not really gardening, just getting our new yard cleaned up (rocks, branches, stumps, etc), and cutting low/dead branches so I don't poke my eye out taking the dog for a potty break. Guess it'll wait.

So, here's to another snow day!
Howdy neighbor :frow Well, not quite, I’m down in the valley, but we’re in the same state. Welcome to the garden thread.

My compost setup is built out of reclaimed used cinderblock, so it should out last me. I won't post a picture though. It's not like those blocks are all nice and neat. :lau The internal dividers tend to fall over.

A storm is coming this evening, so I'm going to the store this morning. We're really in a "snow deficit," as the weather people like to say. Hubby wants some snow to go xc skiing.

Yep! Picked it up at the county co op
It’s one of the ones that’s designed to be lightweight with 2 tires and a plastic basin. It’s about 3 years old and it’s held up well until now. I’m a fairly tiny human so it’s a lot easier to use than a normal one. I may post a pic tomorrow it’s dark now.

Ugh I want a 2 wheel so bad, I'm kinda letting the bottom of my current wheelbarrow rust out so I have an excuse to buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom