What did you do in the garden today?

@igorsMistress I was thinking of you today. I made another batch of dog treats and this time they didn't turn out correctly. :( No matter how much extra time I give them in the oven they stay mushy under the dry upper crust. I'm sure the dogs will still love them but they will be harder to store. Usually I just cut them up into small pieces and put them in the freezer in a bag or container. But these won't cut up I believe. I'm guessing I did not use enough flour.

My sons' Dad passed away sometime around the 16th to the 20th. He was living in
Florida. Turns out my sons are "next of kin" even though they haven't seen him in 17 years or so and probably haven't talked to him in 5 years or so. My oldest son is incarcerated so it is falling to the younger one ( who has a TBI and no short term memory) to arrange things. Which means I am having to search to find out information. Fortunately there is an Uncle and some cousins in Florida that he messages with so they have been helpful too.
My son and his wife are flying down to Orlando tomorrow, getting a U Haul truck that I need to rent for them and then driving back to Missouri with his Dad's things. I had no idea there was going to be a U Haul trucks worth!! I was thinking more along the lines of a box of things for the 2 boys to divide up. I'm hoping that he isn't planning on storing any of the things here!
Oh the twists and turns that life throws at you!
Son and his wife were supposed to get here around 3:30 this afternoon. It's now 8:46 and they still haven't shown up. Last time I checked I was told that the wife wanted to stop a few places on the way up here. I may be in bed before they arrive! We are letting them park their van here and driving them to the airport so they don't have to pay long term parking.
Still haven't arranged for the U Haul because I need the wife to be here so I can give them her driver's license information.
I did take down another section of chain link fencing to move down to the Poplar Bluff house ( to make a temporary dog pen). Moved the base of the chicken coop/rabbit hutch into the chicken yard, moved more gravel into the chicken yard to counteract the mud. Looked through a seed catalog and found several things I want to order...
Oh, and when we were down at the other house on Monday I saw water on a counter so I am guessing that the roofers missed an area that needed to be repaired. :( I called them back and left a message but haven't heard back from them yet. It has to be rain water ( there had been a very heavy day and a half long storm and we have no plumbing in the house yet.

I tossed them on the tractor seat last night and they must have caught on my coat sleeve and fell on the floor and I must have stepped on them with my giant honking farm boots. Smashed.
Sucks no matter how they died huh

My sons' Dad passed away sometime around the 16th to the 20th.
. It has to be rain water ( there had been a very heavy day and a half long storm and we have no plumbing in the house yet.

Have to deal with What??? I imagine

I have a gardening supply catalog sitting here that I haven’t thrown away, but I’m reluctant to look at it because I know me. I’ll find something in there that I’ll “need” and spend money. I keep telling myself no, I need a basket for the back of the golf cart, but it’s so tempting!
That being said I was looking at trays for starting seeds, you know just a shallow tray to catch water from the pots. $20! I can buy an under bed storage thing for $8 at walmart thanks. Some things are just ridiculous.

I use any plastic food container like ice cream, margarine, yogurt, etc. they don't look nice but after use I through them anyway. that is not cheap but free.

it rained (don't need to water!) so I guess I will stay inside today. I hope they will set us free next week so that I can go to my new place and get some seeds. a lot of them are already old so if I don't use them now they will be put in the compost bin.

any idea how many years oaxaca green corn can be old and still sprout?

I use any plastic food container like ice cream, margarine, yogurt, etc. they don't look nice but after use I through them anyway. that is not cheap but free.
Yup, I have a couple of long food storage things that are ugly now so I used those, the cheap plastic ones from Wally World. They work!

it rained (don't need to water!) so I guess I will stay inside today. I hope they will set us free next week so that I can go to my new place and get some seeds. a lot of them are already old so if I don't use them now they will be put in the compost bin.

any idea how many years oaxaca green corn can be old and still sprout?
I know for corn in general they recommend 2 years. But I’ve also sprouted 3 year old onion seed and they say onion seed only lasts a year. It also depends largely on how you’ve had it stored. I would do germination test if it passes hang on to it if not throw it on the compost.

I know for corn in general they recommend 2 years. But I’ve also sprouted 3 year old onion seed and they say onion seed only lasts a year. It also depends largely on how you’ve had it stored. I would do germination test if it passes hang on to it if not throw it on the compost.

I was thinking if anything starts sprouting to plant carefully using soft soil.

Back
Top Bottom