What did you do in the garden today?

I think I’m going to start buying soil at the local coop theirs I used to be cheaper and was good quality. I just haven’t been there in awhile but I should be going there today to get chick supplies
You have a local co-op..? They are going extinct here in Rural America.. and I am Rural! Have the piles to show if you want too see.. I'm not shy.

They drown.. hate being the bearer of bad tidings.. It's been my job as long as I can remember.. Once told a new girlfriend, of a son of perdition. On their first day together.. RUN! Don't walk away.. Few years later, He was found in a stairway hanging from an extension cord. Found by his 2 and 4 year old daughters, Two years latter his wife was raped, strangled and set on fire by her drug dealer.. Don't learn the hard way.. I know stuff.. wish I didn't.. Please don't

Oh yes, they are cutting corners everywhere they can. I've gotten into the habit of kinda poking or massaging the bag of dirt before I buy. Probably look like a weirdo, but just trying to figure out how much mulch has been cut in as filler instead of actual soil.
Yeah, I don't mind tooo much since my soil can use some extra organic matter, but it is a cheap move on their part.

Today I got some free plants from a new friend, so planting those. Canna lilies, something that looked a bit like heuchera but with thicker leaves? Forget what she called it 🤦‍♀️. And planted the crinum lily (and 6 bonus pups!) I got from Lowes yesterday as an inpulse buy. I couldn't resist the deal of 7 plants in a bag of "1."

Also took the weed-eater to the ivy encroaching from next door. Not a perfect solution, but at least now I can verify there are no snakes hiding out when I need to get to that part of the yard.

Need to rake up the chopped up ivy and then mulch around the peonies and cyclamen to hopefully keep their roots cooler as it warms up around here. I think that's about it for today!

Back
Top Bottom