What did you do in the garden today?

over 90 and with a 70 degree dewpoint and NO wind. Made it half an hour in the garden adding grass mulch before quitting and coming into the AC. Half of the garden is done, half will have to wait.
Purchased two new sunscreens today as the ones I ordered amazon Prime will not be here until JULY 21st. Cancelled THAT order.
One is SunBum and it smells fantastic but is slimy and sticky even after drying and is shiny. I'm covered in grass bits. And while it has a nice big, broad spray field, it's so fine there is A LOT of waste, and at 20$ a can, no thank you.
The second, which has a ridiculous price tag, is coola which I haven't tried yet.

My Hawaiian tropic go to had a wonky sprayer and I ran out of Coppertone cooling sport.
I tried a aussie gold yesterday that is mineral based and it didn't work at all.
I also got an aussie gold that was in a pump bottle. I thought that would be a nice liquid I could spread around instead of spray. NOPE lotion. UGH, what a gloopy mess.

My big thing is don't leave me tacky, sticky, slimy or sunburned. UGH.

I swear they don't test this stuff with real people, doing real work.

Spent the week replenishing our plant exchange offerings. This month's exchange was wild. Hundreds of people came and hundreds of plants exchanged hands. Thank goodness for some devout volunteers who reliably bring new stock and plant monthly.

Thanks to our volunteers who even go so far as to pre-package the seeds, we'll be able to double our seed offerings next month.
!.png

As for plants, I'm making it a priority to plant at least two dozen seedlings daily until we have enough for July's event. We'll have some really interesting varieties including Kalamansi citrus, Brad's Atomic Grape Tomato and tons of mint (which always goes fast).

Hey all. Been raining all day, looks like it's over now, maybe a little more tomorrow. We got an inch & a half today.

I pulled out 2 onions that were starting to rot, I pulled the mulch back from around all the rest too, the bulbs are starting to pop up now.

Went to collect eggs, they're usually done by 10am, it's 5:30 & I still have 2 in the nest boxes - they didn't want to walk down to the coop in the rain! :smackGoof balls crossed their legs & held them till it stopped raining.

I found another tiny baby slug today, might have to get out the beer.

Hey all. Been raining all day, looks like it's over now, maybe a little more tomorrow. We got an inch & a half today.

I pulled out 2 onions that were starting to rot, I pulled the mulch back from around all the rest too, the bulbs are starting to pop up now.

Went to collect eggs, they're usually done by 10am, it's 5:30 & I still have 2 in the nest boxes - they didn't want to walk down to the coop in the rain! :smackGoof balls crossed their legs & held them till it stopped raining.

I found another tiny baby slug today, might have to get out the beer.
Giving beer to minors, eh?

Baby slug, do do da doo da do
Baby slug, do do da doo da do

I made a dustbath for the new chicks. They LOVED it! So they had no use for playpen I made for them. We'll try again with the playpen tomorrow.

Since I wasn't having little chicks hopping all over me, I went out to work in the garden. I got an area of grass growing under the fence out of there. I hate to say it, but the really dry sand makes it easier to pull that stuff out. I'd rather have the rain.

Back
Top Bottom