What did you do in the garden today?

I counted 26 figs. Happy tree.
messages_0 (4).jpeg

IN for the afternoon as we head for another 108 HUMID day. Ridiculous.
This morning I cleaned the barn alley so we could move last season's cured hay into the barn from the hay shed and so the hay shed would be ready for the new stuff I hope to bale before the 4th of july.
Moved 11 bales of hay and called it a day. DH and I are trying to move 10-15 each, each time we go out to limit outside heat exposure. We have about 40 more bales to go, then a quick sweep out of the hay shed. The barn is breezy and shaded, but phew the drying shed and outside are bleh.

Garden looks happy. Some color on the blackberries.

Repaired a hose.

All showered and working on lunch.

Ok....I took 4 baggies of soil to the extension office for the blueberries. (Note - I have/had 7 plants in 6 raised beds). I had about a 1/2 cup to a cup of soil in each baggie. Then the lady at the extension office tells me it isn't enough.... 😑 So she combined soil from into two samples instead of 4.

However, she did tell me that I could bring the dead blueberry plant in and they can run an analysis on it to figure it what killed it. I didn't know they could do that! Autopsy on my blueberry plant... 😂

Ok....I took 4 baggies of soil to the extension office for the blueberries. (Note - I have/had 7 plants in 6 raised beds). I had about a 1/2 cup to a cup of soil in each baggie. Then the lady at the extension office tells me it isn't enough.... 😑 So she combined soil from into two samples instead of 4.

However, she did tell me that I could bring the dead blueberry plant in and they can run an analysis on it to figure it what killed it. I didn't know they could do that! Autopsy on my blueberry plant... 😂
That's great! I had no idea!
Did she tell you how long till you get the results? Hopefully in time to save them!

Back
Top Bottom