What did you do in the garden today?

I an jealous. No figs here yet. I need to move the potted fig to a place where it will get more sun. I may just put it in the garden on the path near the back (north) fence where it can get sun but not block other plants.

south or west would be better for fig. it should be protected from north winds.

Rain arrives today through tomorrow. Expecting 1.5”, so a good amount to soak the garden.

a friend is coming to drop off alpaca poo. It will go into the compost bin at first. I know it’s not hot, but with the rain coming, it needs to go somewhere quickly.

the gourds (especially the large bottle) are growing fast. The chickens should begin to get shade on the south side soon.

I have so much alpaca poo. LOL. so much.

Thunder knocked us out of bed this morning. It was loud, constant, and the storm was 75 miles away!

So I'm up a bit before I want to be. Looks like no hay cutting this week, too many chances for rain and not enough wind and heat.

Neighbors took theirs down last night. They tend to bale wet hay. Their feed, not mine. But I certainly wouldn't want to buy it from them either.

I'll probably go out and work in the hay shed when the sun comes up. I do have tomatoes to prune and tie, so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom