What did you do in the garden today?

In the south, rattlesnakes are always in the back of your mind. Just too common.

All right, got my garlic in the mail and got it hanging on the back of the door in the second bathroom! I'll add a picture momentarily. Not all of the bulbs are going to be usable I think, but a lot will provided they cure halfway decent. Small bulbs are nootka rose, big ones are early Italian.

Attachments

• 20210731_162126.jpg
    20210731_162126.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 7
In the south, rattlesnakes are always in the back of your mind. Just too common.

All right, got my garlic in the mail and got it hanging on the back of the door in the second bathroom! I'll add a picture momentarily. Not all of the bulbs are going to be usable I think, but a lot will provided they cure halfway decent. Small bulbs are nootka rose, big ones are early Italian.
I just figured I’d see them in that scenario. That is actually more vegetarian than the area of Ormond Beach I was crossing barefoot.

I’m getting anxious to can pumpkin. I can’t remember if I did purée the last time, but I do remember doing cut up pumpkin. Canning it raw meant I didn’t have to burn my fingers getting the skin off. I just did that when I opened the jar.
Raw and in chunks.
Puree can be too dense to hit the proper temperature for the amount of time needed.

Tomatoes have a blush to them! Won’t be long now! Busy today with a baby shower...so much family I haven’t seen since before Covid!
Also added a few more babies for the little cousins to name...I’ll only have this group for a few days. They’ll be combined with my 15 in the coop at the farm for the fall & winter. 3 Eggers, 3 ISA brown, & 3 Rustic Ranger, whatever those are lol.

Attachments

• 77919888-2139-4997-8165-B99E2E663695.jpeg
    77919888-2139-4997-8165-B99E2E663695.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
We went over to friends to visit and help out with yard work. He's recovering from a bad kidney infection. So DH mowed the yard and I weeded the garden.

When we got home, I felt so bad about not working in my own garden that I weeded for about an hour and a half. We could use some rain. There's a chance for some tonight. :fl

So I'm the person that gets so excited about garlic that that's what they tell everybody about... on their birthday. The family is all ... "Didn't you do anything else today?" :gig

Well, I did go get a mani/pedi, mostly because I can't reach my own feet very well right now, which amused the nail tech.

Somehow an earthworm managed to hitchhike in the garlic package, and impressively MIL only managed to stab one garlic with a shovel. It had already started to go off so I tossed that one. Bit of a bummer as it was one of the BIG ones. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if she made FIL harvest the garlic, but we may never know. The extent of her gardening is how to get the little green caterpillars off the petunias apparently. So she immediately runs off to the store for powerful insect killer.

@Sally PB That was quite kind of you and the DH! I love community helping each other.:wee

Back
Top Bottom