What did you do in the garden today?

sweet potatoes
Thank you. I was confused. I don’t want anything to do with Jerusalem artichokes. I have enough trouble dealing with a butterfly bush that came with the house. I trim it back every year and it grows back hugely. It also puts out runners all over the backyard and in the garden area. No more rhizomes allowed in the backyard.

DH would LOVE to have a mill. May I ask what make/model/cost? I don't have any idea if this is a realistic want or just a dream.
Norwood HD 36 manual . Got it 4-5 years ago .They start out looking affordable but by the time you add everything it was 15,000 . You have to assemble everything . It was stretching my abilities . Lots of complaints since covid on service and availability .

Norwood HD 36 manual . Got it 4-5 years ago .They start out looking affordable but by the time you add everything it was 15,000 . You have to assemble everything . It was stretching my abilities . Lots of complaints since covid on service and availability .
Thanks. Definitely not this year...

guineafowl new home ready and they have been moved. they were a bit confused but happy with more room, more light and a dust bath.

still 4 more to build: for araucanas, silkies, leghorns (or egiptinan fayoumis) and african geese/ducks. in the shed I will keep turkies and my layer flock. that's why I haven't decided where to keep leghorns and where fayoumis. both breeds have roos and they cannot be together as I will be selling hatching eggs and breed myself as well.

I should take care of my garden as soon as possible so I might start with housing geese/ducks and butcher the escape cockerels as well as some other cockerels.

still haven't decided where to put rabbits.

Good morning gardeners. Thanks for the reminder @Offshoreorca. I have tulip bulbs to plant. I cleaned up another garden bed this morning. I'm moving a bit slow today. I guess all the scrubbing on the siding is starting to wear on my old muscles a bit. I found two good looking basil plants when cleaning out that bed this morning. I potted them up and watered well and will bring them inside later today. The temperatures will be starting to drop this afternoon. Frost isn't expected until Sunday or Monday morning. I heard folks west of the Mississippi will be getting some heavy rains soon. I sure hope there is not any flooding. Regarding the sweet potato planting @WthrLady, I'm thinking since they have such a long growing season is it best to start them inside early them put under a plastic hoop bed outside to give it the warm growing "climate" it needs? Any advice on growing them in zone 5B would be helpful. I still have the siding on the back side of the house to clean but I'm taking a break from that this afternoon and going to the grocery store. I'm sure there will be an opportunity to finish the siding (and rack up some more upper body exercise) next week. The leaves are taking their time falling so no serious leaf clean up yet.

Back
Top Bottom