What did you do in the garden today?

@jerryse - good luck!!

I planted the garlic in the first half of November.
I just made the Christmas Jam I made the last 2 years. It’s the one with cranberries, strawberries, a little bit of orange and some spices.
I also made carrot cake jam.
I still need to make cranberry orange pear jam and probably another batch of Christmas jam.
The garlic should be fine. The Christmas jam sounds like what I make - the cranberry orange pear sounds delish! I'd like to make something different next year so that sounds interesting.

I don’t need things, but I do like my space. In a tiny house the walls would have to be all cabinets and drawers so I could put stuff away. I hate clutter.
Yep, that's me. I just spent a ton of money on shelves. I can't stand piles, knickknacks or stuff just laying around. If I can put in in a cabinet or a bin & stack it on a shelf, I'm good!

Morning all. Chilly here, talking about our first plowable snow for Wed. I have a gigantic pot of broth on the stove, it's got a turkey carcass, a chicken carcass, a pork shoulder & all the leftover beef bones in it. & veggies. Smells great, I think it's going to be super good for my first time doing a kitchen sink broth. This is where I wish I had a pressure canner, lol.

I planted the garlic in the first half of November.
I just made the Christmas Jam I made the last 2 years. It’s the one with cranberries, strawberries, a little bit of orange and some spices.
I also made carrot cake jam.
I still need to make cranberry orange pear jam and probably another batch of Christmas jam.
We make Christmas jam every year, love that stuff!

Good morning gardeners. I went out to water and measured for the pool placement for the ducks. The Arabian lilac can get ten to fifteen feet tall and wide so I needed to move things a bit. Now I’m trying to develop some energy to get out there to finish clearing the rest of the compost pile and level off the area so I can plant Little Ollie. I also want to get the lemongrass transplanted today. It’s crowding the hibiscus which isn’t getting much sun now. Little Ollie is going smack dab in the middle of where the compost was so the soil should be pretty good there. Also have a red Mexican bird of paradise to move.
Anyway, better get busy. If I get all this done today it’s good timing because we’re supposed to cool off and might even get a little rain by the end of the week 🙏

Got Little Ollie planted and the duck oasis is in progress. I’m going to work on their steps to get in the pool after work during the week. Did you know lemongrass is sharp enough to cut you?! I do now, it tore up the inside of my elbow.
7F122E7C-0B87-4016-90C8-15852222C881.jpeg
1762B2EB-32C4-4E8F-9838-59A1D60E173F.jpeg
59E59DDA-09A6-46FB-A7F7-F21AF4AF0D7C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom