What did you do in the garden today?

I'm going to write down all of my garden seeds today in my garden journal and count my fertilizers before I order any.
I try to write it all down including what plants/ trees/ bushes/ vines. So I know how old my trees etc. are, what varieties I have, and at the end of the year I make notes whether it grew/ produced well or not. Some sketches.
Writing it down is the only way I can remember it all. :rolleyes:

Found this morning that 5 of my posts for the hoop house are the wrong size for the hoops. They were project left overs, so I was using what was on hand.
So another trip to town it is.
I'll take a piece of hoop with me to use as a tester to make sure I purchase some of the right gauge.
I was going to work out there today, but the cold front was faster than predicted and clouds and flurries rolled in. It's too chilly to work out there ATM, so tomorrow I shall.
Today will be a trip to town, and loom work later while I watch some documentaries on the Ulster Scots.

I HOPE tomorrow to get in the new replacement posts, get the hoops up and maybe the hip board. If I'm really going then the base and the kickboards. I'd like the sides of the beds up sooner than later so DH can start filling them to half full with straw and manure from the stalls for the rest of the winter and then I'll add compost and soil and mix before planting. THAT should smell grand in a hot hoop house. LOL.

I made old tshirts into grocery bags. I have some pretty cool looking ones.
Funny, I never thought of that. Looked it up online and it seems pretty simple. Thanks for the idea!
Ran into a couple of blueberry bushes and they fell onto the the cart so I decided they needed to come home with me. They volunteered so :confused:
Ahhh yes, I've had ice cream, chips, and cookies jump into my basket. Common problem. :)

One of the ladies who buys eggs from me brought us some fresh sourdough bread... 😍 I heated up a slice and slathered it with caramel pecan apple butter. You guys have apples on my mind.... 😊

20220123_142811.jpg

🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶 it snowed a bit yesterday morning (didn't stay for long).

we expect some snow today as well.
Shows what I know, I wouldn't have thought that Greece got snow.

Weather is supposed to be sunny and mild here for the next 5 days or so. DP got about half the mowing done and the ladies got the clippings plus the weeds I pulled from the bed plus a huge bunch of kale I got cheap. Red letter day for the girls. I'm a little sore but I'll be better by morning, ibuprofen and a heated mattress work wonders.

Cut the bottom off the container. Punch a couple drainage holes in the top and put it back on. Turn it over, and viola! There's your pot. Granted, this does take more potting soil to fill.
This is brilliant. Better than my system of using yoghurt containers right-side-up, this makes replanting faster and damage-free! I'll be trying it this year, I already have the containers and plenty of lids!

Pugsly is in to have the gonads removed .. Muzzled the monster so he cannot bite them.
Pugsly is the dog in that picture, I hope? Sorry, bad joke :oops:
This is the photo I managed to get of the hawk, can’t tell which kind it is
Cooper's hawk, maybe?

Mr. Dog has covid (vaccinated, no bad symptoms, just raspy throat and congestion.) I feel fine and tested negative, but our workplace made us both quarantine, so yay! 5 day vacation, with cold but dry weather. We defrosted our big freezer and moved it to its new location, so just have a few more things to do until the new laundry room is done.

Got a couple more garden beds prepped for Spring - in one of them I dug up one lonesome little carrot!

Back
Top Bottom