What did you do in the garden today?

The garden seems to be doing well. The asparagus is slowing down. Likely due to the confusing temperature changes. The eggplant starts don't seemed to be adjusting well. I may have to replace them. I planted 4 cells of tarragon seeds in a peat container outdoors. I'm hoping they germinate. I need to reseed my mint pots and plant flower seeds all around. The black eyed susans and daisies are greening up and looking healthy. I'll be planting zinnias into the cutting garden soon along with some carnations if I can find them. I've been working on building up that garden for the past three years and I think next year it will be full and healthy enough to actually start cutting flowers from there.

I set a corner cedar post. It's longer than I thought. I might pull it out today dig the hole 3' deep and put it back in. This is the perfect spot to put my weather station at and it will serve as the corner of my run.
pole01.jpg

Don't dig it out. Cut it off.
You want your station 5-6 feet off the ground anyway. And since you're over a driveway, go higher.

Davis Vantage Pro2 is best one on the market commercially. But lately I cannot recommend their customer service OR their app or software. It's done nothing but tick me off and I've been using systems for over 30 years.

The other Davis models are great too, but same issue with software and apps.

LaCross is fine.

I'm about to add a Tempest to my array on the ranch. https://shop.weatherflow.com/produc...7Vxdr8ZmCvC7Bkt754nKVI5SGNIFvzwAaAmddEALw_wcB

Howdy hey!

We have to finish putting up chicken wire around our planted pallets because our stupid chickens keep ripping up our strawberry plants and digging out the garlic bulbs 🤣

I have an… indoor garden. I’m really into monsteras and variegated monsters! Other than the fact that I’m very quickly running out of room… oops. I have to get a new light fixture hung so I can get my poor plants more light. I’ll also be looking for a humidifier today I guess! Hope I’m not making an invitation for mold.

The garden seems to be doing well. The asparagus is slowing down. Likely due to the confusing temperature changes. The eggplant starts don't seemed to be adjusting well. I may have to replace them. I planted 4 cells of tarragon seeds in a peat container outdoors. I'm hoping they germinate. I need to reseed my mint pots and plant flower seeds all around. The black eyed susans and daisies are greening up and looking healthy. I'll be planting zinnias into the cutting garden soon along with some carnations if I can find them. I've been working on building up that garden for the past three years and I think next year it will be full and healthy enough to actually start cutting flowers from there.
My eggplant is not doing well either. I started it indoors in February and it's STILL barely 2-3 inches tall. :( I even moved it outside thinking it would love the heat but I'm not confident it will make it.

Got the garden watered this morning. Going to be really hot today so I figured they could use the extra drink. Supposed to rain on Saturday so this should get them by until then... I've had some disease attacking my thornless blackberries and my strawberries so I sprayed today. Sprayed fruit trees too and then on the very last peach tree I ran out of spray. In the process of trying to get the top open, I broke the handle. Now I need a new sprayer. Add that to my list of a million things to do today. :rolleyes:

...I drove 4 hours round trip yesterday to a architectural salvage shop I love to look for a 'new' door for the bathroom renovation. 36x84 inch solid oak with hammered/rippled glass in the window and 307 stenciled on it. It's from an old courthouse. $100 It's brilliant. I'll remove the room number, maybe, lol. I'll just lightly sand it and reseal the varnish. I love all the dings and rubs. ...
LOVE that you found that door - I think the bathroom is just renamed room 307!

Back
Top Bottom