What did you do in the garden today?

Don’t mind the radishes that are just starting to sprout!
I use shredded daikon radish to thicken my pizza sauce. I threw a hand full of cherry tomatoes in a blender and strained the juice in with 2 large peeled tomatoes, shredded daikon radish, honey, salt, Italian seasoning and simmered it until the daikon turned translucent. I had to put in a little tomato paste to make it red. If I didn't tell the person eating my pizza that I used daikon, they would never know.

Has anyone had experience growing goldenberries AKA gooseberries? We bought some of them at the grocery store, and as an experiment I put some in a paper towel to see if they would grow. Now, over a month later, they started growing! So I just planted them today. But just wondering if anyone else has grown them? When we saw them at the grocery store that was the first time I’d heard of them.

I checked on the garden today, everything is growing beautifully. Here’s pictures!

I planted the bottom of a head of lettuce and it started growing! View attachment 3116295

And we have our first tomatoes :love (My other tomato plants are doing well too, no tomatoes though. I just didn’t get pictures) View attachment 3116262

The basil is looking good, though still pretty small. View attachment 3116263

And miraculously, after I thought it was dead, my baby pepper plant came back to life! I highly doubt it will give me a pepper though lol. View attachment 3116273

Here’s my rhubarb View attachment 3116274

My strawberries. I was disappointed because as I was pulling weeds from the strawberry bed I noticed an ant colony had been living in my strawberry box. I’m not sure what to do about that, any ideas? View attachment 3116285

And my sunflowers are getting huge!
View attachment 3116299View attachment 3116300

And the pumpkin and squash plants are getting big too! View attachment 3116302View attachment 3116303View attachment 3116304

Also, I’m going to pull weeds later, so don’t judge 😂
Ground cinnamon to deter ants. ;) I use it around my beehives.

Back
Top Bottom