IMG_4796.JPG

IMG_4799.JPG

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_4801.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

Its amazing what you can do with scrap fence, scrap poles and zipties. 😁
Great job and aren't zipties amazing???
I thought he was making a bench, and he let me believe that-lol. Now they have herbs in them!
Very nice planters and they look really sturdy.
Abd made dandelion honey. I was very skeptical but but it is delicious!
Pics please!
Just walked down to the garden for a quick peek... Anyone else check their garden daily? Or am I just overly obsessed? 😂
I fawn over my garden and greenhouse at least a couple times a day. Our spring has started so slowly that this sudden change in the weather makes me giddy so I can't resist looking again. :)
Peppers were 5 out of 8. 3/4 for hot varieties, and 2/4 for sweets. Man, are they slooow. They are still itty bitty plants. Wednesday when I'm out and about, I'll stop at a farmer's market and see what they have.
That's the case with my peppers too. I've really got to start the peppers earlier next year. I'll go into town on Wednesday and see what peppers are available.

I feel like that wouldn't work long-term, but you learn something new every day. What were her results?
She did not have to weed very much, she had this bed productive well over 34 years as she planted quite a number of years before I was born.

Something I have seen people do in another direction is to plant strawberries with the asparagus. both help each other and the strawberries may block out any weeds.

Productive Day!!

Planted all of the tomatoes and all of the peppers. We marked off where the sweet potatoes will go. Also planted some melon and carrot seeds.

I sowed some celery seeds direct in ground also...but the package says to start indoors. Except I did start them indoors and only one type sprouted, and then they died off eventually. So, I'm hoping the heat in a few days will encourage them to grow.

Chilly tonight, then it will be warmer, and rainy for the next few days. So, that should help with the transplant shock.

Squeaked through another day.
It was dark, and cold and windy all day. The rains held off, which was nice as I could open the upper vents on the greenhouses and the alpacas could graze all day.
The rains should start anytime now and they're locked up in the stalls for the entire night and all day tomorrow too in preparation for shearing Wednesday morning. You have to keep them dry. So they're out there made and humming like toddlers whining for icecream. LOL
I need to start prepping for tomato sales after shearing, one thing at a time.

I FINALLY got the last row cover netted up and placed over my two remaining uncovered broccoli. The row covers must be working because the covered broccoli looks big and beautiful with picture perfect leaves. The broccoli that was left uncovered is big but chewed up a bit by bugs. We are supposed to get rain for the next few days but this weekend I'll spray the newly covered broccoli with some BT just to be on the safe side. I *really* want a broccoli season without worms! :fl

DH also built me a new rain barrel. It's too dark to get a picture tonight but I'll get one by the weekend and post it. Essentially it's a big trash can with the lid flipped upside down and a spigot at the bottom. Interestingly enough I learned that Arkansas actually has a law on the books stating that any rain catch system must be designed by a Professional Engineer...but I'm pretty sure it's only really enforced for potable systems, not for simple garden watering...

Oh yeah, I also put my new NO SPRAYING signs up. I need to get a couple more just to make sure they are not missed!

Back
Top Bottom